Does Trump get indicted?

The poll is what you believe will happen, not what you want to happen.

• Yes, by the DOJ.
  • Yes, by the DOJ and a state (currently NY or GA, but any would count)
  • Yes, by a state but not by DOJ
  • No.
0 voters

This is for potential crimes committed as of 10-31-2022. Not future crimes.

What exactly would an indictment look like? Will they cuff the fucker?

I think some judges will not be willing to indite him to “Preserve the dignity of the office” for future Presidents.
dammit.

Judges have no role in indictments. But I get your point.

Thanks, that would be prosecutors who indite, right?

Yes, or technically it’s the grand jury. Indict (to further nitpick)

Thanks again.

I think a state indictment in NY is nearly certain.

For GA, I think unlikely. It depends on whether:

1. Whether the GOP there figure it will help or hurt their chances of re-election (likely hurt); and,
  2. Whether they care more about the country than themselves (unlikely).

For the DoJ, I think it is just over a coin toss for yes (for some reason I typed toin coss, it has been that kind of day). Say 55%. And this angers me because you know any regular Joe or Jane American would already be in cuffs.

I believe the Fulton County DA is still going after him.

I believe that a judge could dismiss any charges that were filed, but typically they have a legal reason for doing so. I don’t know if “the good of the country” would qualify. Perhaps a Doper legal eagle could chime in.

Sure. I meant a judge has no role in issuing an indictment. Once an indictment is issued, a motion to dismiss can be brought before a judge. And yes, they would need a reason better than “for the good of the country.”

Does anyone believe that if he is indicted he will show up in court?

He probably shouldn’t but he will. His ego requires a platform, even if that is in the accused seating.

Oh, he’ll definitely try not to show up in court. All that would do is increase his embarrassment when he gets brought in by law enforcement.

Do you really believe that he is incapable of leaving the country if he wants, with the support system he has?

I believe that the second any prosecutor decides to indict him, they’ll first ensure there’s coverage at the ports of exit. But that’s really not here or there as his ego won’t stand for him to run away.

An Indictment will only help trump, why would we want that?

What we want is a conviction.

Indictment without conviction is a bad idea.

Indictment is a prerequisite for conviction.

Would a DA in Georgia have that authority for all of the US?

The only way to “Preserve the dignity of the office” is to throw the fucker in prison.