I was always warned not to do this in my science class because something very bad would happen but they never said what. In my foolish youth one summer day I read the warnings on a cleaner which said ‘do not mix with bleach’ and was compelled to do it to see what happened. I poured the stuff together in a glass jar and got this terrifying reaction where the stuff was boiling and popping and hissing and releasing the most caustic fumes I have ever been near (mustard gas I guess).
So crazy experiments aside, what would happen if one was to mix lye with sulfuric acid? armageddon?