What if i just ate

What if i just ate protein powder, olive oil, and sugar? In the recommended ratio for protein/fat/carbs. Popped a multivitamin with 100% rda of vitamins and minerals. And chugged 32 grams of fiber via metamucil?

You wouldn’t have to do dishes?

Like a smoothie? Needs more vodka.

May I suggest stocking up on toilet bowl cleaner?

Well, it’s your body … but do tell us what the, um, results are if you decide to try it.

A little more.

More than that.

Nah. Tequila. The answer is alway “More than that”

Well ok maybe i wasn’t specific enough. If i got all my nutrition with supplements rather than a “healthy and varied diet”. How long would i be relatively healthy? Is that a better question?

Short term, i don’t think it be a problem. Long term though? Might run into issues.

Take multi vitamins and you can prolly go a long time.

There’s a beer only diet for Lent thing. Harkens back to Paulaner Catholic monks a few hundred years ago.

Man, I did that for a week. My beloved beer became a chore, and it wasn’t really a problem going with no food (ok, I cheated, I had one asparagus tip one night, and a handful of nuts another night). I took multi-vitamins. Wierd. I drank less because I didn’t have accompanying food, and that third or fourth beer was unappetizing. If I had only drunk a single type of beer, I would have drunk even less! But, I lost about a pound a day, and have kept that off.

I musta lent my calander to someone, cause I’m on that pretty much all the time.

It’s been tried a few times. It hasn’t caught on for obvious reasons - people want to enjoy their food.

No, it’s not satire, it’s genuine. Just don’t ask what it’s made from! :grinning:

Here’s what living on it is like:

Then there’s Huel. (Human fuel, geddit?)

Apparently:

Online Huel forums contain threads of people complaining about stomach pains, flatulence, and heartburn, mixed with positive reviews of clearer skin and even, fewer hangovers.

A dietician says it’s okay occasionally, but don’t live on the stuff.

There are a number of other ‘complete diet’ powders, so you can try it for yourself.

In service of what?

Don’t say “science”.