What in the world is the deal with my computer? (windows resizing)

Without and reason, my computer started resizing windows when I maximize them. Normally, maximizing the window fits it perfectly on the screen with the task bar still visible…
Now, when I maximize the window, it resizes and takes up the entire screen, completely hiding the taskbar. It is extremely annoying. I’ve tried certain basic things but I have a feeling something changed in the settings.

I really want to fix this. Can someone point me in the right direction. I would be extremely grateful and much less frustrated.

XP? Vista? Win 98? Win 95? 3.1? Linux? Mac10? Mac 09?

Right-click the taskbar, click Properties - is there a check against ‘keep the taskbar on top of other windows’ ?

What likely changed is not the settings for windows, but the setting for your taskbar! Specifically, the setting “Keep the taskbar on top of other windows”.

To fix, bove your mouse cursor onto an empty spot on your taskbar, right=click, choose Properties, and make sure the “Keep the taskbar on top of other windows” setting is checked. You should probably also make sure the setting “Auto-hide the taskbar” is NOT checked.

It’s times like these that make me extremely glad I paid for a SDMN subscription.

You were right. I didn’t have it checked. thank you so much, I already feel much less annoyed