What Irritated You Today?

I’m not a savage.

Hmmmm… okay.

Now, if they don’t send a gift, that really tells you which way the wind blows.

Does the alarm cock count? I mean the day was going great, and then the alarm clock had to get involved…

Received the invite to the family Thanksgiving. I declined politely (“Not this year, sorry. I’ll gladly send desserts, just let me know what you want!”)
Response received: “Are you still being a dick about vaccines?”
Yes, yes I am.
Irritated is a good descriptor right now.

Thanks! I will definitely try this and see if it helps.

If you send desserts, definitely get the recipes from the movie “The Help”.

I had a lot of little irritants today.

I walk all three dogs every morning, but I have to take one at a time (because of size and strength!). So I walk Huck the Great Dane for 1-1/2 miles, come home switch to Zeb the German Shepheard, walk another 1-1/2 miles, come home grab Rigatoni (puppy) and do another 1/2 mile. This time of year I kind of hate it as it is dark, cold, windy. This morning I get back with Huck and am going to go in the house to get the next dog on the docket and the door is locked. My husband is kind of obsessed with locking doors. I pound on the door for what seems like forever - no answer. So I go get the hidden key and then of course he comes to the door. Thanks

This morning while getting out of my car, I grabbed my purse but of course, the strap is caught around the parking brake. Then I go to the back seat to get Rigatoni out of the car (he comes to work with me). He is still too little to jump out on his own, but he fights me when I try to pick him up. I finally get a grip on him and he spreads out his legs stiff as boards like it’s the scariest thing he’s ever done. We’ve been doing this for 2 months, at least twice a day. :roll_eyes:

My mom just called me. She told me the same stories she told me last week when she called.

My husband called me. He really has nothing to say but just wants to check in and ask if there’s anything new. Oh and that every time he calls Cost Cutters, they don’t answer. :woman_shrugging:t4: I call it the “current conditions call”.

And my irritant for the weekend:

We took some of the grandkids to a Trunk or Treat on Saturday then decided to get a bite to eat somewhere. The kids are all about McDonald’s but they aren’t allowing eating inside yet. So our first stop was Culvers. Lots of cars in the parking lot and in the drive-thru. There’s a sign on the door that states the lobby is closed due to a staffing shortage. There were people inside eating but apparently, they had reached their limit and locked the doors. Then we stopped at Wendy’s. Same thing. We went to a local diner, it was so packed that we would have waited a half hour to get seated. I called BK, their lobby was open for eating in, but they were behind because of a computer problem. No thanks. We ended up at DQ. It was so expensive. UGH.

I feel slightly better after venting! :relieved:

The purchasing agent at a local company I use types her EMAILS IN ALL CAPS.
She’s done it for years, and it makes me crazy.

The fact that, due to a very cold west wind, I am seated at my laptop station with a blanket tossed over my warmly clad legs and am still too cold.

USPS. I need not say more.

Every.Damn.Thing.

Late last week I set up an appointment with a local Mazda dealer to install a roof rack on the ute. They quoted me the parts price and made an appointment and had me give them the VIN.

Yesterday I get a call from someone there who says “Do you have the parts for your vehicle, and by the way, what’s the VIN?” I told her that a) No and b) I already gave you that info. So she says "Oh, so sorry, let me check on it and I’ll call you back tomorrow "(which is today). No call arrived, so I called them. The guy in the service department says “Hmmmm. . . .let me talk to the parts department. Please hold.” So I waited and waited and then they hung up on me. I thought perhaps they would give me a call back, but no dice. So fuck them.

So I called one of the other Mazda dealers in town and got a voice recording saying “leave your name and number and we’ll get back to you”. Nope, sorry, fuck you very much if you can’t be bothered to answer the phone.

Then I called the last dealer in the area, which is where I purchased this vehicle and finally got some straight info. I don’t relish the idea of driving out to that dealer, which is why I didn’t call them in the first place. It’s outside the city and off one of the more hellishly busy roads in the area. But they at least seem to be able to get out of their own way.

My company just introduced new software to replace old antiquated software. It’s virtually identical in function and screen layout. Only now it times out and has to be reloaded every 20 minutes. Somebody actually got paid to do this.

Oh boy! I’m with you. Our mailbox is on the opposite side of the street from our house. The street is one of the main thoroughfares in our town so it can get quite busy. Our mail always arrived no later than 3pm and usually by 1pm. In the last couple of months, our mail arrives between 5pm - 7:30pm. We’ve been having below 0 temps for most of January, so to have to stand out on the sidewalk (in the dark), wait for a pause in the traffic, run across the street, find that the mailbox is empty, wait again for a pause in traffic, run across the street and then do it again an hour later or maybe 2 more times is ridiculous. I now usually wait until morning to get the previous day’s mail.

What happened? Is there a shortage of mailpersons along with a shortage of everything and everybody else?

Informed Delivery might help a bit, and it’s free.

We have a cat and for cleaning the litter box we have a very small office-sized trash can and use the smallest sized trash can liners. We are almost out of supply of the trash can liners, so, I go to the nearby grocery store to get some - they are out of stock of the small size. OK, let’s try CVS, I need a few things there anyway - nope! Out of stock of the small size. Maybe the grocery store a bit farther away has them? Nope - out of stock. FFS!

In my area with rural delivery there has been a manpower issue for at least 18 years. I had issues with my delivery long ago and the local postmaster told me most of the rural delivery was being done by private contractors.

I have a new young cat. She is standoffish and seem bored a lot of the time. So I put the ottoman in front of the living room window and in the morning will put some bird seed outside so she can watch bird theater. What does she do? Oh, she watches them and chitters - for about 2 minutes. Then goes and curls up on her cat bed, taking her mid-morning nap, missing the whole thing!

Ours loves what I call “cat TV”. I put peanuts out in the mornings, which attracts jays, crows and squirrels. She crouches by the door and chitters at them (she has some special vulgarities for the crows).

Just just this morning, but every morning: One of my cats has decided that sometime between 5:30 and 6:30 is a perfectly reasonable time to come onto the bed and start walking on top of me, butting me with his head, and digging his claws into whatever portion of my anatomy is not covered. Attempting to keep my arms under the blanket is futile, because he will pull the blanket down so he can get at them.

I can’t keep him out of the bedroom because the only place I can put the litter boxes is in the master bathroom. Besides, the bedroom door doesn’t quite catch, so if I do close it he can still push it open.