Ever pull a slimer out?
You can feel the tickle in the back of your throat. It’s a weird, disconcerting sensation.
Hey, just think of it as a solid form of natural sinus drainage. ![]()
Old joke:
Gross Guy:“What’s green and goes 90 mph backward?”
Second Banana: “I don’t know..”
Gross Guy: [gives a hard long sniff]
The Orioles had a ball player named Boog Powell. I wonder if booger is a shade more boog, or maybe booger is one who boogs.
thank you for this link!
You may think it’s mucus, but it’s snot… ![]()
All grammarians agree that correct usage is “less snot” and “fewer boogers”.
“Snot” can be countable. Otherwise, you couldn’t pluralize it, and then we’d lose valuable linguistic constructs like “what a bunch of insufferable snots.”
So I shouldn’t eat them?
Sheesh, next you’ll be telling me that urine isn’t healthy to drink.
In golf it’s called a bogie. When you get one, you’re supposed to yell “Oh bugger that boogering bogie!” Or so I’ve heard.
and then there’s the NFL player/analyst who’s (unfortunately) been struck with that “nickname” since childhood, “Booger” McFarland
And then you are there holding the hard end with about 4 feet of translucent green string with a tiny droplet end, thinking, “What now?”
I heard it as
When you’re out with your honey
And your nose is kind of runny
Some people think it’s funny, but it’s snot
And not to leave out the boogers…
Everybody’s doin’ it doin’ it
Pickin’ their nose and chewin’ it chewin’ it
Prepare for grossness:
My friends from junior high and I used to waste copious amounts of time mangling TV commercials. The lyric from above is from Chiffon margarine ad: “You may think it’s butter, but it’s not — it’s Chiffon.” Try as we might, we couldn’t figure out what to replace “Chiffon” with.
Are you seriously saying that it snot snot? ![]()
If you think it’s a booger, but it’s not, it’s John Kahn (sort of rhymed with Chiffon) circa 1974. Middle school kids are vicious.
Occasionally a booger is a mark I don’t intend to leave. Last winter at my job, I had the worst cold while filing a report. My boss told me afterwards that my cover was marred. She pointed to the big wad with a big greasy nose hair I left on the cover. My coworker said “(Bleep), don’t blow your nose on the product, buddy!”