What is extremely common in real life but almost never happens in TV or movies?

Or Catholic.

Weather. Specifically snow, or just cold enough that you need to wear a coat to go outside. If it’s snowing and/or cold on TV, either it’s Christmas, or it’s going to be significant to the plot.

Having a spousal tiff and resolving it quickly and without drama. Reading for awhile and then going to sleep. Walking the dog and picking up its poop.

“Pulp Fiction” also featured a pooping scene.

A person with a bandage, or coughs, sneezes and it’s not mentioned, or mean something important.
People that use um, uh, you know, or other filler words. Or minor stuttering.
People lounging around the house with hair or makeup that isn’t perfect.

Similarly, a woman throws up but does not later find out she’s pregnant.

Serious injuries from fights, even if you win a fight you are unlikely to come out without some injuries

Seen on Law and Order all the time: the team goes in with SWAT. SWAT guys are all wearing all the gear - including helmet - and the stars don’t have helmets and they go in first!

Watch Chicago PD or Fire (not so much on Med). Since they film it in Chicago, there is a lot of cold, crummy weather shown that has nothing to do with the plot.

Yes, and when those things do happen it is almost always a male doing the business. Exception: Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.

I think the only place on tv or movies where a woman is shown wearing a pad or dangling a tampon string is in the animated show “Big Mouth”. There seems to be a taboo against such a thing.

Maybe I’m just missing something - but while it’s really common for a woman to be wearing a pad or a tampon in real life, I’m not sure it’s at all common for others to be able to see that she’s wearing a pad or tampon. Unless you’re talking about tv/movies showing them actually being changed, which is certainly related to the rarity of seeing someone use the toilet. Might be related to a taboo - might just be that there is no plot-related reason to show it. After all, if a movie or TV episode is supposed to even show a single day, it can’t show everything that happened in those 24 hours.

Rear view mirrors.

Trainspotting had a pretty famous pooing scene too.

Yesterday I was thinking about this topic and thought of pets. If a person/family has a pet the pet is only around when it’s an important part of the scene, Then yesterday evening I was watching an episode of Frasier. Martin Crane (owner of a dog) comes home and the dog greets him and the owner gives a little greeting back. But, this was behind the chair and easily missed by the viewer.
That is common with dogs and owners, but I don’t remember seeing it before on a TV show. Maybe I noticed it because I had just been thinking about it not happening.

You never see people cleaning a litter box either.

Cutting yourself to ribbons if you break a glass or go through a window.

Having a gun in the home or at least access to one or understand it’s no great mystery to getting one. How many movies are there where home owners are being robbed or terrorized and they have no guns, not even hunting guns, and no clue on how to access a gun. When they decide to get one they go to some creepy guy selling them out of his seedy apartment instead of just going to a sporting goods store and buying one.

Eh… That last bit (somehow not being able to just go buy one) could be a result of what has been called the “Everywhere’s LA (or NY)” trope.

Though right afterward you’ll have a show where you can buy a machine gun at the Dollar Store…

It doesn’t even have to be the the “Everywhere is NY ( or LA)” trope - the prevalence of households with firearms differs depending on a whole lot of factors , and what’s extremely common in a rural area in the South is not necessarily extremely common in a city in the North. The same is probably true of “just being able to go buy one”.

We have no gun, nor do any of our close friends or relatives. (I can’t speak for everyone of course, but the only guy I know owns guns is a retired cop we’re friends with) However, I would have no problem buying one if I wished. I think it’s common knowledge that the sporting goods stores sell guns. Maybe the seedy guy doesn’t do background checks or have a waiting period.

The not saying goodbye on the phone thing is just weird to me. I tried it IRL - doesn’t work well. When my wife and I are watching and that happens I always yell, BYE.

True, but there is a pooping scene in the Shaft re-make (great film!) where Jefferey Wright poops, replete with water blooping when it drops.