What is extremely common in real life but almost never happens in TV or movies?

Of course inspired by What is extremely common in TV or movies but almost never happens in real life?

I thought a take on the reverse might make an interesting, if much shorter, thread.

I’ll start off with a couple off the top of my head:

• Saying goodbye before ending a phone call.
  • Using the restroom or otherwise relieving oneself (Tom Hanks movies excepted).

About the relieving part you mentioned - peeing is not all that rare, but pooping is essentially nonexistent in cinema.

Sitting around the house alone doing nothing in particular.

Driving around in circles trying to find a place to park

Agreed, with the notable exception of the occasional gross-out comedy, such as ‘Bridesmaids’ or ‘Dumb and Dumber’. Actually, urination and defecation are probably both something that used to be extremely rare in TV & movies but is much more common these days.

Talking about TV or movies.

Also driving around for twenty minutes trying to decide where to eat

Or just sitting around, talking for twenty minutes trying to decide where to eat.

Turning on a newscast and getting boring news about things of no importance to you.

Also, farting!

Mundane housework. You’ll occasionally see laundry being done, or dishes washed. But nobody dusts, or vacuums, or makes beds.

Or parking two blocks away instead of right in front of the building where you were headed.

I thought of one, but the reverse situation was already in the thread. So try these:

Being unable to fall asleep for no discernable reason. Tossing and turning, and then suffering the consequences the next day at work.

The suffering of a parent watching their child that going down the wrong path, especially drug addiction, without a “feel good” recovery at the end.

“Hey - there IS NO Santa Claus.”

Opening a web browser to a given URL and having it load slowly, throw some annoying ads you have to click past first and otherwise fail to go directly to the desired info or login screen.

Having it demand that you enter the number that was just texted to your cell phone before your login will be accepted.

DNS errors. 404 Not found. Links that don’t work. Search results that aren’t at all what the person intended.

On TV, the only time there’s a line for a cashier is when the characters need time to talk about something.

People spending real time watching TV, or gaming, or surfing the web.

Yeah, people on TV don’t spend nearly as much time dicking around on their phones as people in real life do.

If there was ever a time in my life when I believed in Santa Claus I don’t remember it.
I’ve never seen that in a movie.

Nah, you just need to watch more dramas. I remember in L&O, Lenny’s daughter struggles with addiction before eventually being killed by a drug dealer.

People talking about politics, or religion.

Or if they do, it’s deeply philosophical instead of the mundane conversation.

Not to mention, hardly anyone goes to church unless they are rural Southern or black, and no one goes to temple unless there is a bar mitzvah.