What is extremely common in TV or movies but almost never happens in real life?

Shows where our heroes are exploring unknown and natural cave systems and the floors are completely flat. I’m looking at you Star Trek Voyager …

All iterations of Star Trek, for that matter!

The Daleks did that

ISTR an episode where someone escaped a Dalek attack by going upstairs.

People who get shot, stabbed, or otherwise seriously injured and they’ll limp about for a bit, but then they get in a fight and suddenly have full strength and range of motion.

A common comment we have in watching most adventure movies is, “Guy moves pretty good for having a hole poked in him.”

That hasn’t been a useful strategy for quite some time.

God help me, I used to watch that show! I must have been about 12. If I remember correctly it was a spinoff of 77 Sunset Strip.

Robert “Jim West” Conrad was in it, wasn’t he?

How about the notion of the James Bond / Jason Bourne / Mission Impossible / Man From UNCLE super spy? You know, the ridiculously attractive one man or woman killing machine who is an expert in five languages, all forms of combat, tactical driving, plus various esoterica that somehow ends up useful for infiltrating secret labs and government organizations.

Let me put it a different way. When was the last time you turned on the news to see the police chasing some guy across the city in boats, helicopters, and an Aston Martin only to have them parkour off an office building into the river or fire a zip line out of his watch into a hot air balloon or whatever?

You left out “Our Man” Derek Flint, my all-time favorite. :+1:

I can see that, especially wet chaw.

Good article there. Still, not one puff, and that fast. However… if that student had been a heavy smoker (in the boys room) and still had a pack of cigs in his bloodstream…

Great Theme song.

An even better Theme song.

LOL. But why DO people run down the middle of the street when being chased by a car.?

me tv plus is showing them both every day

On a walk with my dad, we ended up working our way on old paths along the banks of a small river. Suddenly he let out a whoop, excited that we’d found B.A.B: "That was our rallying cry as kids. You’d run down the block yelling ‘Meetchoooo at Bee-Ayyy-Beeeee!’, and pretty soon you’d’ve collected a group of six or seven kids, all running down here to… [conspiratorial whisper] … Bare Ass Beach."

How about that Jackie Chan movie where they got into a Nazi compound deep in the Sahara where all the machinery still functioned after nearly half a century and somehow there was an electrical power source. I mean, it was supposed to be silly, and it would have been no fun without the wind tunnel scenes, but geez-louise, at least try for a morsel of realism.

Little children portrayed as being just small adults. When in reality, they’re all screaming monsters.

the term we have come to use for them is “pre-verbals”

Or run directly straight away from someone pointing a gun at their back? Would it kill you* to dodge a little ?

• no, that’s kinda the point

Unnecessary sound effects. Whenever someone raises a gun or moves a sword, you hear the gun cocking or the sword being unsheathed.

Every time the driver steers the car even the tiniest bit, or takes off from a stop, the tyres screech like they’re in the F1.