What Is Our War Going To Be Called?

Remember that in recent history, there have been two word code names, with mission status change reflected by name change. The first letters of the two words remains the same.

Examples:

Desert Storm/Desert Shield
Deny Flight/Deliberate Force

Me, I take a page from Pulp Fiction…

I think it should be called “The Soon to be living the rest of it’s short ass political existance in excrutiation pain” War.

Or, baring that, American War of Retribution will work.

Make them bow, make them kiss the ring, or if that fails, line them against the wall and kill them until they produce leaders who will bow and kiss the ring.

Just like Desert Shield/Desert Storm is commonly known as the Gulf War, I believe we will have a common name for Operation Noble Eagle and its derivations.

The “War on Terrorism” sounds too much like the “War on Drugs” and doesn’t seem to take things too seriously.

The “Afghan War” ignores the potential of broadening the conflict to other nations that harbor terrorists.

I don’t know what we’ll be calling it, but I’m sure that they’ll be calling it the Holy War.

You know, like “Holy fuck, we’re gonna be toast” “Holy shit, where’d Kabul go?”

Not my desires you understand, just my guess.

Despite its nuclear connotations (I grew up associating the phrase with nuclear war), I would have to say that World War III is as good a name as any. It may likely involve multiple nations on the, um, receiving end of the United States’ military effort, and I would not be surprised if other countries ally with us in the efforts.

Yep, this is the operation name that the reserves are being called up for. “The Noble Eagle” War.

this seems questionable, as North Korea looks a bit out of place. A few questions, because I am genuinely curious:
a)how would North Korea have anything to do with the terrorist attacks?
b)with the whole of the 8th Army stationed in Korea(I believe) along with KATUSAs, why would North Korea have the balls to take a stance against the US when we’re this pissed off?
c)I could’ve sworn at least one of the above countries, namely Iran, had taken a US supportive stance in this. Am I wrong in that assumption?

And regarding whether or not this will be a World War, I highly doubt it. Granted, one might equate the WTC attack with the assassination of Arch-Duke Ferdinand, but there are no hidden alliancess that have mysteriously sprung up (if anything, that NATO report confirms that), and the world prior to the WTC incident was alot less strained relations-wise than pre-WWI. And WWII was a direct cause of WWI (if anything, what Hitler did to the leaders in Paris proves that). To sum it up, I dont’ feel the circumstances are right for a World War; I believe that the majority of pop culture hasnt’ experienced the threat of a War in which they might be involved, so everyone’s freaking out, especially after their emotions have been thrown through a loop due to the WTC bombing.

Conversely, though (and I realize that I’m being my own devil’s advocate), the political stance that the Afganistani royal family has taken is questionable, at best. Why would anyone take a dangerous stance unless they felt they had something to back them up? Very odd.

*that should be direct effect of WWI. my bad.

All for ONE and ONE for all ?

World War III

If it doesn’t start as that, it will come to that.

Someone I know was saying that we Americans have the luxury of ahving been in so few wars, we can give them all names.

I’m seriously tired of hearing people say things like this. Like someone else said in another thread: Exactly how long have you been a bin Laden supporter? Seriously, if you think we’re so stupid and ignorant for wanting to go to war then let’s hear some of YOUR suggestions. Would you rather just sit back and keep getting bombed and terrorized? Do you want them to eventually bomb us to the point where they can just walk right into our country and push their ideals and ways of life on us? Will you just lay down and die? Or will you stand up and fight for your freedom?

As for the OP: It should be called Operation Get-Behind-The-Russians*

[sub]*inside joke!!! i have a russian friend living with me![/sub]

Let’s hope that sometime, in the future, it’s referred to as:

“The Last War”

the web site of the Afghan resistance is http://www.afgha.com Has a lot of articles written by journalists from all over the world. Explains the who, how, why, and when of the Taliban, Bin Lade, relationships with Pakistan, and other countries. It’s updated daily & helps me understand what’s happening.

I’m with Whammo. This should be called the AYB War.

They set us up the bomb!

Remember this, you evil motherf$$%^&s out there: AYB.

I vote for: ** The B.O.H.I.C.O. Plan. **

Bend Over Here It Comes Osama

I prefer the “pyrokenetic gene engineered super-monkey shock troops and psychics-enhancing battledrugs technology” War.
well, i can dream…

Howsabout The New Crusades, since this seems to be headed towards several small actions instead of one big battle.

how about… WWIII: Smackdown

Cisco, if you had even bothered to READ the thread you are referring to, the OP of it asks people why they support unlimited and massive retaliation.

:rolleyes:

And I think most wars result out of ignorance. Anymore, I’m coming to view ignorance as one of the major factors of misery in the world.