What is the longest series of fiction books you've read?

Since I can’t use Shadowrun I’ll have to go back even farther and say Zanth. I’ve listened to the Doc Savage books. I’ve been listening to Doc Savage for a couple weeks again. The last story finished up 15 minutes ago.

The Discworld books, like many of you.

Also a significant portion of Ed McBain’s 87th Precent novels - probably every one published before 1990 or so.

All of them.

Discworld.

The only other series I’ve read more than three books in were the Dragonriders of Pern (7 before giving up), Dune (four and half, which is three and a half too many), and Hitchhiker’s Guide.

I know there are longer series out there, but probably the longest I’ve read is Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Tarzan of the Apes, which runs 24 volumes, or 25 if you’re liberal about it and allow in Tarzan: The Lost Adventure (based on Burroughs’ notes and outline)

Other series I’ve read:

Horatio Hornblower (12 volumes)

Conan the Barbarian (In the Lancer/Sphere/Ace series 12 volumes, although other Conan novels were written later. If you only count the Howard stuff, it’s out in three volumes now.)

Lindsay Davis’ Marcus Didius Falco novels

Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes stories (with plenty of pastiches added by everyone on the planet, it seems)

James Blish’s Star Trek Novelizations (13 volumes, counting “Mudd’s Women” and not counting Blish’s non-series “Spock Must Die”)

There are 33 Nero Wolfe novels, but I’m not sure if I’ve read them all.

I’ve read the Allan Quatermain series, Conan the Barbarian and the Sherlock Holmes stories.

I read all of the “Three Investigators” books as a kid—I’m not sure how many, but I’d guess there were over 20 of them.

Lemony Snicket – there are 13, and a few companion books. And I still don’t know what it was all about. They were fun though.

The Malazan books by Steven Erikson and Loren Esslemont will number 22 when finished.

All the original Hardy Boys.

The Destroyer series, over 130 so far, read 'em all.
and if we were counting comics, Fantastic Four from #1 to yesterday’s.

I like series books. I guess my longest would be the 24 Richard Sharpe books, written by Bernard Cornwell. I didn’t realize there were so many.

Other favorite series:
The Aubrey/Maturin books
Tony Hillerman’s 18 Leaphorn/Chee books.
Lois McMaster Bujold’s Vorkosigan books, about 14 of those.
The Lord Peter Wimsey books (actually reading the last one now.)
The 11 Vampire Files books, by P.N. Elrod.
The Brother Cadfael books

I’m in the middle of the Honor Harrington series and Steven Saylor’s Roma Sub Rosa series.

This one. Also, a whole lot of MZB’s Darkover series.

And I think I’ve read a rather lot of Xanth books, since I’ve often picked one up at airports for fluff reading, when nothing else looked intriguing. No idea how many of those I slogged through.

The first 31 of E.C. Tubb’s Dumarest series; I haven’t bothered to track down the concluding volume, published over a decade after the rest (even though it’s the only one that advances the plot appreciably!)

Rex Stout wrote 33 novels and 42 novellas featuring Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin; I’ve read them all.

I’ve read all the John Carter of Mars books. Back in the 70’s I read an assload of the Remo Williams books.

I used to love those, but once Sapir and Murphy stopped writing them I thought that they got lame. I read them until about 100 or so.

The Alice series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. I started reading them because they were on the banned books list and then just continued on until I was all caught up. But she’s still writing them, and is even doing some prequels…I’ve read at least twenty of these things, but apparently there will never be an end. And they’re just these bland little tales. I have no idea how they’d have gotten on that list.

Anyway, I quit.

The Aubrey/Maturin books and the Hornblower series.

The Alex Delaware novels by Johnathon Kellerman.
Sherlock Holmes by Sir Author Conan Doyle.
Most of Tom Clancy’s novels.
Many of R.A. Salvatore’s Forgetten Realms “Dark Elf” novels.