What Is The Meaning Of Life?

But, but, but, I mean, I know it’s hackneyed and all, but, but, just LOOK at my freakin’ username!

[sub]Damn Nazi moderators. grumblegrumblegrumble[/sub]

Seriously, life is it’s own meaning. Must a wildflower have a purpose?

I think a better question is “what gives your life meaning?”. It’s different for all of us.

Well, there’s seafood.

:smiley:

Well, here’s my own viewpoint. Tho after talking with many others in the NeoPagan community, I think it’s a wide-spread belief.

We’re here to learn.

A few details:

1. I do believe reincarnation happens. We come back many times. Each time, we’re learning something new. If we fail the lesson, we come back again and repeat it 'til we understand it. Therefore, there’s no eternal punishment or “Hell.” Likewise, there’s no Heaven, either, except as a place to layover and review what you did right and what you did wrong. Then it’s back into a new body.

2. All this learning helps make our willpower stronger, so that, eventually, we don’t need a physical body to support or sustain our souls.

3. At that point, when we move to the realm of higher spirits, closer to the Gods, but not exactly like Them. And the process begins over again, but at a new level.