What Is The Meaning Of Life?

What is the meaning of life- that is, the reason for your existence- in your opinion.

Thanks.

No references to either Monty Python or The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, please.

I think the meaning of life is just that- life

The good, the bad, the sad, the joyous, love, hate, night, day.

it’s kind of a paradox if your basing meaning to that of your cognitive understanding when you are trying to understand your own cognative understanding.

seems like trying to describe water with water or something like that.

You can be such a kill-joy sometimes, Czarcasm. :wink:

There is no ‘meaning’. We just are, life just is.

Exist.

The Master knows all.

“The meaning of life is a good cup if coffee”…you didn’t say we couldn’t reference Faith Hill.

I just ate a bowl of Life for breakfast.

Life is multi-faceted.
It is a cereal, a game and a magazine all at the same time-Behold! The paradox that is Life!

Hell, what can it be if not the SDMB?? Why the fuck am I the first person in this thread to tell the everlasting truth about life? Forget 42.

Life: n. 1 That property or quality of plants and animals that distinguishes them from inorganic matter or dead organisms; specif., the cellular biochemical activity or processes of an organism, characterized by the ingestion of nutrients, the storage and use of energy, the excretion of wastes, growth, reproduction, etc.

grins There you go. The meaning of life.

Hey! I came into this thread just to call that person a stupid, unoriginal nerd, and you nipped it in the bud! Thanks a lot!

IMHO, It’s not really an answerable question. It’s an attempt to apply human reason to a situation that it doesn’t fit.

It’s sort of like if I were to ask “why is a rose”? Or “How much is biggest”?

Or, on a differnt tack, “What’s the best move in chess”?

The meaning of life is that it stops. - Franz Kafka

i think the meaning of life is continuation of the species-seriously, people aren’t any different from other animals.

we exist merely to root, so lets all do so :wink:

The reason for my existence? How the hell should I know, it wasn’t my idea!

I think it’s to have fun and procreate which, ironically, can be achieved simultaneously.

Oh yeah, bonus points for making someone else’s life a little nicer while your at it.

"The greatest thing

You’ll ever learn

Is just to love

And be loved in return."

which more or less coincides with bluddy_bloodnut’s theory ;p