What is the name of that idiotic medical pseudoscience...

1. The OP was . . . argumentative.
  2. The OP answered his own question.
  3. Whatever factual question there was to this thread has been resolved.

Therefore, I’ll move this thread from General Questions to Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share.

Gfactor
General Questions Moderator

Gfactor, I’d be grateful if you refrained from casting aspersions–well, that particular aspersion–upon my character. I was not trying to start a debate; nor am I in the custom of opening stealth GD threads in GQ. I simply could not recall the word homeopathy. You’ll note that the answer to the question came in an edit two minutes after the thread was posted; I simply had tip-of-the-tongue syndrome.

Moving the thread is your call, obviously. But if you could refrain from being needlessly insulting, that’d be great.

You bastard! I was going to post that. :smiley:
Instead I’ll post this delightful rant from Dara O’Briain.
Homeopathy & Nutritionists vs Real Science!

Nope the bottle says homeopathic and on the ingredients its lists the x10 (or whatever) that means how many times its been diluted (or whatever). Its called Calms Forte and its mostly passion flower and chamomile (which are herbal remedies for these same issues) but that have been homeopathitized (?).

Kayaker as far as the herbal remedy you smoke, yeah, that works great, but I definitely have a “hangover” of sorts when I wake up the next day. And it generally makes me fairly stupid, and since I do a good enough job with that task on my own. Thanks but no thanks. Plus, if you have a job wherein the a-holes like urinalysis, then it doesn’t do you much good.

It’s not the homeopathy.

IIRC, Calms Forte is mostly tissue/cell salts. Kinda like homeopathy in the dilution but in theory don’t work on the like cures like principle.

thanks for the clarification. I had read that about homeopathy (like cures like) and that had gotten me a little confused regarding the Calms, but placebo affect or actual herbal affect doesn’t matter to me as long as I can get a blissful nights sleep!