What is the nature of Heaven?

Heaven,
Heaven is a place,
A place where nothing,
Nothing ever happens.
-Talikng Heads

I always found this very egaging. What does time even mean in eternity? A single perfect moment?

As an agnostic leaning toward atheist, I just don’t find most representations of heaven likely or even necessarily desirable. I don’t think I want to live forever, it doesn’t even make sense. It raises problems of identity, Im not the exact same person I was a few years ago. As long as we have experience we change.

I certainly don’t want to spend eternity with my loved ones, a few hours is enough usually. Thanksgiving once a year is plenty. Would not endless life not become just boring? The universe is full of beautiful experience, but doesn’t there come an end to the subject of that experience?

But the Radiator Lady says everything is fine.

Did she though? I know the chicken was like a normal chicken but little.

Heaven will be practically deserted.

The only way to get there is via a stairway whereas Hell, of course, is served by a highway.

(The stark contrast in these respective transport systems says a lot about anticipated traffic volumes post mortem.)

I believe in our current life we have aspects of ‘heaven’ and ‘hell’ mixed together, so we already know some of it. One is life and the other is death. I’m not talking about ‘life’ in the form of biological activity, but more like being and feeling alive, as opposed to going through the motions, drone like etc with is death.

So those days that one feels it’s great to be alive and loving life, are the types of days one can expect in ‘heaven’ aka the good place. As for family, no the situation the OP described of having to avoid eye contact with your folks, simply not going to happen there. As I see it everyone has immediate family there, but it is not necessarily the one you have on earth. This family is comparable to if you had a very close best friend who was like a brother or sister, that’s how it will be with those who are there, and you may find your sibling there has been your best friend here. As such pains of our real life family will be gone and if they are also in the good place with you the nature of the human relationship will be renewed to my above mentioned status. This also does not preclude finding a mate in heaven, nor having children there.