What is the origin of your SDMB name?

Another one of those “That name has already been chosen” frustrations years ago.

I just looked at the ceiling, and pecked out random letters (Was not a touch typist - still not a touch typist) and when I looked again I had typed ‘cytopiu’.

A quick edit to delete the last 2 letters, and I’ve got something short, memorable and never had a problem when registering since…

Not boasting, but I used to own a second home in Southern Italy, and SanVito was the first part of the name of the nearest town.

The house was expensive to run and a pain to upkeep, and became a noose around my neck, so I sold it, but I still miss it.

Laziness. I had recently written my one-and-only-ever review for the Internet Movie Database, and for my user name I chose to play on “Pauline Kael”. I think I rendered it slightly differently there, with a couple of apostrophes to more closely match her name.

Honoria is a small twig on a distant branch of my family tree. It’s easy for me to remember and almost always available in instances where I need to come up with an online user name - perhaps due to the historical connection with Attila the Hun.

That might also explain why the name stayed a twig on a distant branch rather than making its way to successive branches as the tree grew over the decades even as other family names showed up repeatedly through the generations. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::smile: