What is the worst animal beer?

Maybe it is supposed to be a leopard?

Not a rip-off. That is the artwork of Ralph Steadman.

You mean this stuff?

https://www.teamcone.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/cone__0091_Sclitz-Malt-Liquor.png

Ha. Good to know.

Yes, that’s the stuff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The only beer we refered to as animal beer was Schmidts.
I’m going to have to learn how to post pictures.

I’ve had Chang in Thailand. It was okay and of the basically three beers you could get in convenience stores in Pattaya (Singha, Leo, Chang) I found it the better of the three, though I wouldn’t go so far as to say ‘good’. Thailand seems to be a lot like Japan beer-wise, in that you can get any beer style you want as long as it’s lager.

I’m having one of these right now. As is traditional for a bock beer, it has a goat on the label. Definitely not the worst animal beer I’ve ever had.

Yes, that is the definitive “animal beer”. Slightly better than Budweiser, which is not saying much.

Here you go. Get the URL of an actual picture (in this case, a JPG), and paste it into the post composition window.

Thanks I was trying to use the upload tool. It worked until I hit post and then game me an error.

How did we miss the King of Mediocre Beer?

Upload isn’t supported on the SDMB (I think it has to do with how much storage space it would take up), so we have to use links to pictures that are already elsewhere on the web.

Moosehead is a pretty good beer. The story about the owner and his son is a little weird.

This thread is just about animal beer. But I’m also interested in good and bad artwork and beers which are both very good or very cheap.

Labatt’s Wildcat have updated the original bottle. Here is a Quebec commercial from 1994.

I remember Wildcat. It was a discount brand (Molson’s equivalent value brand was Carling), and would never win any awards, but it was a good thirst-quencher after a hard day of yardwork.

Here’s another one: Grizzly. Brewed in Hamilton, Ontario for some years, but no longer produced:

It wasn’t grisly (ha!), but it too would never win any awards.

Schlitz also makes a product called “Red Bull XL” which got really confusing when Red Bull energy drink started being sold in the US in the late 90s.

People started asking me if I liked or had tried “Red Bull” to which I would reply “Yes, and it’s vile.” I hadn’t actually tried it yet (coincidentally it turns out that’s really how I do feel about Red Bull energy drink), but at the time, I thought they were asking about this stuff:

What about tiger beer?

(Still can’t do pictures, sorry!)

It’s all over SE Asia, and a bit of every sale goes to saving tigers.
Beer with benefits!

What is brewing cumming to?

For cheap beer I like Stag Beer. Doesn’t have horse cum in it, though. Contrary to popular belief it is not made in Milwaukee and the nearest place from here it is sold is south-central Illinois.

5 Rabbit Isn’t bad. Yeasty like a Bisquick dinner roll.

I don’t know if I want to drink a beer named Horse Piss.

https://untappd.akamaized.net/photo/2017_11_26/371605d9291fa8a9c2f891324c5b50ac_320x320.jpg

Is everyone here rating the brews they drink on Ratebeer.com? I’m at almost 1300.