What is your favorite Dean Koontz book?

I’ve read quite a few by him. My personal favorite is Strangers, but I recently finished Seize the Night and I loved it. I thought it had too much “witty” dialogue, and the interpersonal relationships were a bit muddled, but I loved the plot and thought it was great.

How about you?

Mine would have to be False Memory, although admittedly i haven’t read all his books. From what i have read, they do seem to vary quite a lot in quality (this isn’t really the word i’m looking for, but it’ll do for now)from one book to another.

I’ve been on a real King/Koontz kick this last year. I do like to get chills.

Fran

The Bad Place is far and away the best book Koontz has written in my opinion. I find most of his stuff to be boring and repetetive… but I REALLY liked this book.

Lightning, by virtue of the fact that it’s the only Koontz book I’ve read.

I thought Watchers was great, but it’s been a long time since I read it.
Rose

Definitely Lightening.
I loved that one.
I also really liked Watchers, Strangers and The Bad Place.
But Lightening is one of my all-time favorite books.

Thought The Bad Place was a great book, but have very fond memories of Watchers, which makes it my fav.
Haven’t picked up any of his stuff in ages, but it might be time to reread either of these. Thanks for the kick-in-da-behind, DLD!

I pretty much agree with you, Dark Lord. Strangers is my favorite, followed by the two Christopher Snow books, Fear Nothing and Seize the Night, then Dragon Tears and Sole Survior round out the top five. I’m fond of Strange Highways too, but it’s seperate in my mind since it’s a collection of short stories.

Watchers used to be my favorite, followed by Strangers. Now, however, it is by FAR his new one, From the Corner of His Eye.

That was an amazing book. I loved it.

I’ve been reading Dean Koontz on and off for years, ever since I read Hideaway and went on a reading spree. Hideaway was the first book I read, and it’s still one of my favorites. The top spot on my list is a tie between that and Dragon Tears. I enjoyed the first Christopher Snow book, but the second really didn’t do much for me and I couldn’t get into False Memory.

I haven’t read any of his books for a few years, but I really liked Icebound.

Oh, there’s another Christopher Snow book? Was Fear Nothing written before Seize the Night?