What is your New Favorite Movie?

Love, Actually. My new favorite movie obsession this year.

Replacing Pirates of the Caribbean after a year long run.

Casablanca, replacing The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Oooooh, excellent movies.

Not my favorite movie of all time, but I saw The Thin Blue Line today and I’d say it could fit into my top 10 films.

Love Actually replacing High Fidelity

The best I’ve seen so far this year are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Before Sunset (2004), Ying xiong [Hero] (2002), and Jour de Fête [Playtime] (1967).

I don’t think I’ve updated my Alltime Favorites list, but I’d second the choice of Love Actually; and I’m also recommending Dodgeball to anybody I see.

I decided a few months ago that The Big Lebowski, which I’ve enjoyed watching for years, deserves a place among my favorites.

My favorites from this year have been “The Last Samurai” and “The Terminal” so far. Neither have clome to close to upending “Fight Club”, “Braveheart”, or “Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country” as my favorite though.

Crap, I forgot to mention “Fargo”. It’s actually more of a favorite even than the other two and could probably be listed alongside the three favorites mentioned in my above post.

I ***love ** * dark comedies.

It’s going to be hard to knock off Clerks and Raiders of the Lost Ark. I’m not sure it can be done.

I will say, however, that Anchorman has earned a slot in my Favorite Comedies list. Somewhere around #17 or so.

I can’t believe that I’m the first person to say that I’ve recently added The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King to my favorites list. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan still holds the top spot, though.

I can’t say that I’ve got any one favourite movie.

However, for some reason I’ve seen Aliens so many times it became funny, stopped being funny and became funny again and I’m still not sick of it.

So far Eternal Sunshine is the movie I like most this year.

My favorite this year has been Dodgeball, with Spider-man 2 coming up close behind.

Neither are ever going to take the title of BEST MOVIE EVER (from Miller’s Crossing), but I really, really had a hell of a good time at both of them.

Master and Commander: The Far Side of The World; and Big Fish, both from last year.

I rectly came to the realisation that my favorite movies, not in the sense of them being objectively the best but in that I enjoy watching them more than any other films, from the past 4 years have been Lord of the Rings (considered as one long movie), Moulin Rouge! and Gangs of New York. What does that say about me?

I know my year-end favorite will be The Incredibles, :smiley: but since it hasn’t come out yet, it’s a toss-up between Spider-Man 2 and Fahrenheit 9/11, with Shrek 2 pulling drag.

The toss-up depends on how strong my stomach is at the time – I find the war footage in F911 to be less disturbing than the hospital scene in Spidey 2

Right now, it’s Spirited Away. Ask me again tomorrow, I might tell you different.