What kind of Asshole puts cheddar cheese on a pizza?

Yea, I see a whole shitload of us all posted within a few minutes of one another and I missed your followup.

[Emily Litella] Never mind! [/EL] :slight_smile:

Then it’s definately not mozerella because I’ve seen it raw and it’s still (light) yellow. not orange (I know of orange cheddar but most of it is yellow)

Damn I don’t know what to believe anymore. Have I been cheated? Cheapskate take away owners! Is there an OG?

Oh. Yeah, there is that. I wouldn’t make one with just cheddar, unless it was the only cheese left in the fridge, and even then, I’d probably not be overly happy. Tasty glue, indeed…

The pizza that they served in the grade school cafeteria had orange cheese. I always assumed it was cheddar.

And I liked it.

I LOVE cheddar on pizza. Especially if it’s a pizza with pesto sauce instead of pizza sauce and red onions and mushrooms. It gives the pizza a wonderful tang. But…it’s usually better if it’s mixed in with at least a little mozarella.

Once on a business trip to Milwaukee I fucked a deep dish pepperoni and mushroom without coming. Worst lay ever.

Prefer mozza but cheddar as part of the mix is great.

Cheddar alone though… I find cheddar doesn’t do the stringy thing which is a necessary part of pizza IMHO.

Cheddar? On pizza? You gotta be kidding! What will they do next? Put hot dog sausages in the crust. :dubious:

You can get pizza in Napoli with just three ingredients, if you count the crust as one. And by Jove those Italians can make pizza!

Um…never had it, but I read the thread title and thought “Mmm, that sounds good!”

Oh well.

Only if the delivery bloke pissed on it. Or if the buffalo was a bit ill.

Cheddar cheese is okay for BBQ chicken “pizza” (where the pizza sauce is replaced by BBQ sauce), but otherwise, it’s an ABOMINATION! I had an Italian professor once who liked to proclaim that cold pasta was an ABOMINATION! She also said there is no such thing as genoa salami in Genoa. I’m sure she was right, since she was from Genoa, but I still like genoa salami anyway. And cold pasta salad.) My husband once put cheddar cheese in spaghetti sauce. I nearly hurled. I love a good extra-sharp Cheddar, but Cheddar and Italian food do not go together. Ugh.

Cheddar cheese on pizza? Don’t do it in Naples .

Neapolitan pizza is so simple, yet so delicious that it can only be said to be sublime. Just quality ingredients (if you can’t taste the olive oil something is wrong), subtle tastes, an the added ‘smoky’ flavor from the oven and it is almost as good as sex. And it is good, healthy food to boot.

American-style pizza *is * an abomination from their point of view.

Another vote for bacon-cheeseburger pizza with cheddar. I like a little pepperjack along with it.

My favorite, though, is a local concoction with potatoes, mozzarella, grilled chicken, garlic and oil, and rosemary. mmmmmm

I smell a new Dominoes[sup]TM[/sup] special…

I’ll often grate some cheddar onto one of those cheap frozen pizzas that you back for 14-16 minutes.

I wouldn’t expect cheddar, but I probably wouldn’t mind too much.

BAKE, dammit - those pizzas that you BAKE for 14-16 minutes.

Jeez

Is it cheddar?

Will it make anyone’s head explode if I mention that I prefer to use swiss cheese when I make bbq chicken pizza? Swiss cheese, smoked chicken, and green onions, to be precise.

I think that milquetoast guy pretty well nailed it.

For another variation, try a splash of hot pepper cheese, if you can get it through the grater without mashing your fingers into bloody stumps.

Oh, no… they’re just delish! Especially if you have cashews on it as well. mmm… green olive and cashew, one of my favorites.

Though now, where I work is getting pizza from a place that makes buffalo chicken pizza. The chicken is in smallish chunks, but basted in a buffalo-type hot sauce, and they drizzle some sort of ranch-like substance on top of the cheese. I think they also add some of the hot sauce to the tomato sauce, or perhaps instead of it. Very good, and quite spicy!