What kind of high school did you go to?

Two years in a large public school, and two years in a secular prep (boarding) school.

Indeed. In fact, in Newfoundland there weren’t truly secular public schools until the late 90s. There still may not be…I’m not entirely clear on the current setup (I’d left nearly a decade before it happened…I just know the Catholic schools I attended were closed when the systems were combined).

Edit - obviously, I chose the ‘state day school, religious’…even after moving to Ontario, I stayed in the Catholic system.

Quaker boarding school. Not military, not “troubled kids” (unless you consider bored and rich troubled.)

I escaped St. Joseph’s after my freshman year (which followed eight years at St. Peter’s) and went to our good 'ol local public high school. Brick High was many, many times better.

I was homeschooled from 2nd grade through high school.

Nothing exciting here, 4 years at the same public high school. Go Spartans!

13 years of parochial school (K-12). Sisters of Charity in grade school, Christian Brothers in high school.

I still haven’t completely recovered.:smiley:

Public school. Non-religious by law. Uber-religious in practice. It was in a tiny little rural town where everyone, except for a few families, were Catholic. Oh, there was prayer is school, led by teachers pretty much every day. I had my yearbook goal of, “I seek the Holy Grail” expunged because it was blasphemous. In middle school there were catechism classes … in public school.

This was back in the 70’s / 80’s. I don’t know if it’s still that way up there.

For Freshman year and 2 months into Sophomore year I went to a private religious boarding school (Christian Science for anyone interested). Then I transferred to a local non-religious state school for the rest of high school.

Started out at a secular public school, realized it had really gone downhill since my older brother went there, so I transferred to the Catholic public school. It was public school but with religious imagery in the hallways, assemblies held in the cathedral and a mandatory religion (not just Catholic, but all religions) class. Funnily enough, since I transferred in for Grade 11, I learned more about other religions than I did about Catholicism, since I didn’t take the earlier classes with the foundations.

Small public high school in a rural county in a generally very rural state.

Okay, the word “governess” makes me feel silly for some reason.

Me three. Also for college.

State-funded Anglican school, all boys.

Inner-city K-12 public school.

Catholic School girl, grades 1-12.

Public school 9-12. It was divided into regular and magnet, though, and the magnet was application only and had a difficult admissions test. So I was basically in a little 100-person free private school in the middle of a big public school.

Catholic (Norbertine, not Jesuit), boys-only school.

The first public school I ever attended was the University of Wisconsin-Madison. :slight_smile:

Private co-ed Catholic school. I tried to minimize the amount of involvement I had with the religious side of things (I’d sit through the prayers and all that but wouldn’t be one of the kids up there at easter re-enacting the crucifixion) and severely disliked the stupid amount of time they spent on caring about uniform, but overall it was a pretty good school.

ETA: Forgot to say it was a day school. That term sounded odd to me on first glance - my brain immediately concluded that the opposite would be “night school”.

In the US attended a standard state school. Moved to Germany and went to an International school, and then to New Zealand where I finished secondary school in a private girls-only school which had both day and boarding facilities (I didn’t board).