What kind of parents name their child Adolph Hitler?

I went to school with a kid named “Aryan”. Only it was pronounced “Orion”, like the constellation.

There were multiple mothers. Which goes to prove if you want to date dress like a Nazi and change your name to Hitler. Or something.

His wife the mother of Adolf kept a relatively low profile. His girlfriend dresses up in Nazi uniforms when they go to court.

For people who can’t hook up at the local Klan meeting, there’s https://wasp.love :eek:

Or a drag-queen persona.

This thread reminds me of a Hill Street Blues episode with a character named Vic Hitler. He was a stand-up comic who choked up explaining that he’d promised dear dad never to give up the family name, despite it being dishonored by that SOB - whose real name was Schickelgruber! BTW, it wasn’t the name that tanked his career, it was being a narcoleptic who kept falling asleep onstage.

And now I’ve fallen down YouTube’s HSB memory hole.

I guess the UK no longer believes in the concept of free speech. I mean not that these people are not complete assholes, but you get a 6 year prison stint for belonging to a group?!? Not in North Korea, but the UK? How does that comply with its unwritten constitution guaranteeing free speech or the EU declaration of rights?

I seem to remember a novel where a character whose given name was Adolph went by “Ollie”; I think that’s a viable alternative.

That sign also marks Route 69. :stuck_out_tongue:

Adolf Hitler has some relatives living in the U.S., AFAIK mostly in the Northeast and more specifically on Long Island. They are descendants of his siblings and cousins.

ETA: If you didn’t read the story, Dr. Gay Hitler was a man who was originally licensed in 1922.

Harpo Marx’s birth name was Adolph, but he changed it to Arthur. People mostly called him Harpo though. Wonder why.

I used to know an Adolph. His middle name was Mitchell and he died a few years ago at the age of 54.

As I remember, it is or was actually an example used by the local registrar of names here. They have got legal authority to reject names, but mostly what they do is is use their authority to explain to foreign-born parents with poor English that in Australia, “Adolf Hitler” is considered to be an in-auspicious name.

And then there was Eddie Hitler on the British series Bottom.

Adolph’s Meat Tenderizer remains a popular product. The fortune made by the men who popularized it (who were later revealed to have been a gay couple) funds the Classic Arts Showcase cable and satellite channel.

Doesn’t include Adolphe Sax, creator of the saxophone.

Cracked had an article on Hitler’s nephew who ended up on Long Island

The kid the OP’s about is a teenager now; good thing middle schoolers are so understanding of anomalies when it comes to their peers. :smack:

50 years from now some grandpa is going to be telling his grandkids how he kicked Hitler’s ass.

As far as I know he has been relocated from that family and goes by a different name. Hard to tell for sure because those things are supposed to be confidential. Hopefully that part of his past is not known to the students around him.

That’s the best case scenario I can think of!

“Adolf/Adolph” is nowhere near as bad as “Adolf Hitler” (or even “Hitler”). It is not quite, yet near, the top 100 in Argentina, for instance, but I really wouldn’t recommend it in France or Germany.

You can probably get away with “Joseph” but stay away from “Stalin”…