What makes Jennifer Anniston such a popular target for gossip rags?

Did she like, kick your puppy or something? :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, I’m not completely immune to celeb hate, Paris Hilton and her ilk bug me, but in most cases I really don’t get the seething ill will directed at celebrities. And Jennifer Aniston? Seriously? She’s pretty innocuous.

Moving thread from IMHO to Cafe Society.

Don’t believe I used the word “talented” anywhere. My point is that she did a competent job in those films without resorting to a “Rachel” characterization. That means she has some acting skills, unlike the three male dipshits from the same series, particularly David Schwimmer, who should go back to selling corndogs or whatever it was he did before “acting”. And don’t even get me started on that Phoebe moron.

I long ago stopped believing that there was any special or particular that made the public fixate on a celebrity. It Just Happens. People can try to analyze after the fact and there are always good reasons for the fascination, but these reasons always exist in dozens of others who are not fixated upon. It’s the flip side of the coin of conspiracy theories. That loner took a gun and assassinated someone famous. It can’t be that simple. There has to be something more. No there doesn’t. Life just happens. People want - need - to make patterns out of it. There seldom are any.

It comes down to who sells the magazines. They know how many copies are sold when Anniston is on the cover and it must be a high number.

I think I have figured out a way to discover which celebs are followed by the most paparazzi. Just do a Google image search and see how many pictures are taken out in public vs. at movie openings. For example Ellen Page, almost all her pictures are when she is at a movie event, not when she is buying food. The paps don’t seem to care about her.

She’s that hot. Just like Diana, her picture is worth thousands of magazine sales. She has that rare combination of raw sex appeal and vulnerability that appeals to both sexes.

The Oscars are the Oscars. She was not nominated for an Oscar.

She was nominated for an Indie Spirit award. Big difference.

Older post

Jennifer Aniston and the cover of Women’s Magazines