Thought there’d be more mentions by now of “Battlefield Earth”
It must be proof that the mind does block painful memories.
Thought there’d be more mentions by now of “Battlefield Earth”
It must be proof that the mind does block painful memories.
Believe it or not, I have a minor distaste for Santa Sangre.
[QUOTE=Priceguy]
I like most movies mentioned so far. I wonder what that says about me.
Anyway, my vote is for Signs. Most really, really bad movies have some kind of comedic value or are at least cult-y bad so they can serve as a conversation piece or what-the-fuck-ever, but Signs was a complete waste of time from credits to credits.
[/QUOTE]
Hey, I laughed my ass off at a lot of this one. Aliens that come to a world COVERED in water that can’t tolerate it? And the Swing Away thing? With an advanced race? Even though they apparently couldn’t figure out how to open a cellar door. Great stuff!
My vote is for a real oldie I HATED called Looking For Mr. Goodbar even though on review I see quite a few of soon-to-be big names in Hollywood
[QUOTE=Sir Prize]
I always try to enjoy even a bad movie, but since I just saw it a few days ago I have to say 300. Boring, bad acting, bad script, bad visuals, boring fight scenes. Even the previews before the movie were lame. Give me my 2 hours back.
[/QUOTE]
I saw 300 a couple of hours ago, and thought it was fantastic! Sex and violence with great visuals! What’s not to like?
Anyway, I want my time back for:
[ul]
[li]Ishtar[/li][li]Highlander II: The Suckening (sic)[/ul][/li]I saw them both in the theater. :smack:
[QUOTE=Dr. Rieux]
Eyes Wide Shut.
[/QUOTE]
A kindred spirit.
[QUOTE=Nature’s Call]
Thought there’d be more mentions by now of “Battlefield Earth”
It must be proof that the mind does block painful memories.
[/QUOTE]
Or proof that no one actually watched the thing.
I want to add that I loved some of the movies listed, like The Big Lebowski, but that I absolutetly hated Chicago and Moulin-Rouge.
[QUOTE=Biffy the Elephant Shrew]
Or proof that no one actually watched the thing.
[/QUOTE]
I watched it but remember very little. I’m sure this is a good thing.
**Interview with the Vampire
Scary Movie
AI** - I actually don’t know if I should list this one. If something is so bad as to engender pure hatred, I’m not sure if it can be called worthless. I guess I did take away from this film the knowledge that I can hate more than I ever thought I could.
Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Pest
But I’m A Cheerleader
Me lose IQ for watching these.
Kids
A Clockwork Orange
The only thing I gained from these is an answer to “What are the worst two movies you’ve ever seen?”
The only reason I watched A Clockwork Orange was to “get” all of the pop culture references I suspected came from it. It wasn’t worth it.
I notice that Kubrick appears on this list a number of times. Not surprised.
[QUOTE=Charger]
**
I notice that Kubrick appears on this list a number of times. Not surprised.
[/QUOTE]
Conversely, I’d bet Kubrick wouldshow up an equal amount of times, if not more so, on a list of “Movies totally worth your time.”
Batman & Robin. Worst movie ever.
Unbreakable. Unbearable.
And everything written by Ehren Kruger.
[QUOTE=Sir Prize]
I always try to enjoy even a bad movie, but since I just saw it a few days ago I have to say 300. Boring, bad acting, bad script, bad visuals, boring fight scenes. Even the previews before the movie were lame. Give me my 2 hours back.
[/QUOTE]
Same. It was like watching a director’s cut of the movie trailer.
[QUOTE=lazybratsche]
<SNIP>
I Heart Huckabees – My then-girlfriend and I decided to watch it, since all of the other indie kids on campus were raving about it. We were… less than impressed. Normally I eat pretentious pseudo-intellectual bullshit right up, but this was even too much for me.<SNIP>
[/QUOTE]
Good one! I forgot about that one. I would like to add it to my list.
Nothing more so that Napoleon Dynamite. Never thinking of myself as remotely hip, I nonetheless opted to find out what all the fuss what about. I kept waiting for it to be anything other than annoying, and waited in vain.
And to think I could have been doing something comparatively valuable with that time, such as harvesting navel lint.
Exactly. Hence my loathing for Armageddon and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (and others of their ilk).
I’m guessing that the lack of its mention here means I can assume no one on the Dope has seen Sleep.
More in line with the rest of the thread, I’ll second mentions for Highlander 2. I’d also mention the piece of dreck that was American Cyborg. (shuddering)
Unfortunately, I had to watch Open Season with some kids I was babysitting - if I weren’t in the room with them they’d fight, so…
Dear, Sweet Og. The stupid! It burns!
[QUOTE=OtakuLoki]
I’m guessing that the lack of its mention here means I can assume no one on the Dope has seen Sleep.
[/QUOTE]
I hadn’t even heard of it. From its description I’m puzzled how you could go to such a movie expecting to be thrilled, amused, tantalized or otherwise entertained. The trailers must have been a bodacious lie. ![]()
I’m pretty picky about shows I see in the theatre. I read the reviews and know what type of films I like. I have never walked out of a movie or felt I wanted my two hours back.
Movies on DVD are another matter. If they don’t grab me in twenty minutes or so I switch them off, or go to another room. That said many of the movies listed here I liked. For example, Contact. I saw the movie and read the book. I thought the movie was a fairly faithful movie adaptation with the usual compromises. It went on too long, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good movie.
Eraserhead stuck out like a sore thumb from the lists. That is one movie I only watched because of all the hype it got. I didn’t get it. It was relentlessly weird and dark for weird and dark’s sake. I even read websites explaining the symbolism, and still didn’t get it.