What movie (TV or mini-series probably) was this?

Entering vague description mode.

I am almost positive this was a made for TV movie or miniseries, and I remember it being on in the mid-80s, although I couldn’s ay what channel. The vague plot points I remember are:
Aliens came to earth.
They seemed friendly, but really weren’t.
They would touch people’s foreheads, which would slowly make the people shrivel up and turn into floating balls of electricity.
In the end, I think humans figured this out and somehow defeated the aliens and reversed the process.

I know it’s not “V”, but I bet it is some kind of cheap knock-off. I also know the description sounds crazy, but it can’t be drug induced as I was only about 10 at the time.

Anybody?

When were you 10? It might help to pin down the year. So far I can only come up with this movie.

Do you remember if it was a “serious” picture, or possibly a parody?

It’s been a long time, but I think it might be “Strange Invaders”

In the opening scene there was a young couple necking in a car, and when they were returned to human form at the end of the movie they went straight back to necking? I’m sorry that’s the only bit I remember, if I’ve got the right movie.
V was in 1983, are you sure this was afterwards?

Oh my…somebody borrowed a scene from Manos, The Hands of Fate?!?!? :eek:

You are a great and wonderful person. I predict that many years from now multiple statues will be erected in your honor.

Perhaps I’m very mixed up, but I don’t think so. Did the girl (blonde ponytail, poodle skirt) put her gum on the dashboard in Manos?

My pleasure. Og only knows why the details of this particular crappy sci-fi movie from 20 years ago happened to stick in my head.