What movies do you think are misnamed?

How about Fargo.

Even though it is linked to Fargo, ND most of it takes place in Minneapolis and Brainerd Minnesota.
I don’t know if people would have seen a movie called “Brainerd”.

good burger

shoulda been called
utter shit

There is a Magnolia Avenue in the film, but that’s not where the name came from - it’s just one of many subtle references to the title that appear in the movie. I’ve remember Paul Thomas Anderson being asked why it’s called Magnolia and he didn’t want to give any specific reason, I think he just liked the idea that it wasn’t a straightforward title and fits with the different feel of the film.

Hi,

To be fair to Primal Fear as a title- that is the title of the book the movie is based on.

I think Shawshank Redemption should have had the full “Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption” title of the original S.King story.
Both great flicks (Primal Fear despite Richard Gere and because of Edward Norton) though, no matter what they are called.

My apologies to Edward the Head. I did appear on a cable access quiz show. I did it as a favor to a friend who’s the host for the show. It was filmed a year ago and no one outside of Montgomery County, Maryland has ever seen or will ever see it. I had forgotten about it.

10 mainline games in the series
FInal Fantasy Mystic Quest, an SNES peice of crapola, which was made mostly to insult the intelligence of American gamers, and ironically may have been one major reason why RPG’s took so long to catch on.
4 Gameboy games
1 Tactics game/PS1

Coming out:
FF X-2, the very first true sequal ever in the Final Fantasy series
FF XI, an MMORPG (which looks really cool, no matter how it plays)
FF XII, about which at this time we know nothing of
FF Tactics Advance: a new FF tactics game on the Gameboy advance (the first was so popular its a rare and valuable find buyable only on e-bay, not counting the reprinted version)

The reason behind this is threefold.

First, having Final Fantasy in the title is a signal to gamers that this game has very good production values, and is a top priority for Squaresoft. Second, there is certainly a desire to cash in on the best name in the business. Third, in a sens there is a desire to keep the storytelling and themes of Final Fantasy alive forever.

And of course, the reason they started with that name is legend…

What if it was just a very long continuation of the game?

I remember the gameboy ones. Fun, if rather annoying.

The Postman Always Rings Twice

What postman?

The Philadelphia Story

Hardly about the city.

I love Babylon 5, but the title made me think the TV series was a spinoff of some long-running movie series (because of the “5”). You know, like “Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors: The Series” or something. I eventually learned better, and the B5: Season 3 DVD set just came in the mail :smiley:

Why do people only want to rename movies they didn’t like? For every “They should have renamed Battlefield Earth to Sucky Sucky Suck-o-rama Suckfest.” we should have a “They should have renamed The Mummy to Totally Awesome Well-Spent Two Hours.”

I always thought Rambo III was named wrong, because there was no Rambo II. Based on the previous two movies, First Blood and Rambo: First Blood Part II, it should have been called Rambo II: First Blood Part III.

Actually, it could have been “Rambo: First Blood Part III,” but not “Rambo II” - because there was no Rambo I. Technically.

I thought “Minority Report” was a terribly uncommercial title. Didn’t seem to hurt the film tho.

Then there’s the sequel to “I Know What you Did Last Summer” which shoulda been “I Know What you Did the Summer Before Last.”

Casablanca should have been Rick’s Place
And Star Trek V: The Final Frontier was neither final nor Star Trek.

Reminds me of Woody Allen’s explanation for why “Bananas” is so named: “Because there are no bananas in it.”