What national park-like place did you last visit outside your home country?

It was a beautiful, clear day when I visited the Cliffs of Moher 3-4 years ago, but so windy that it was good thing they had that little wall at the edge to keep people from getting blown over.

Los Glaciares in Argentina and Torres del Paine in Chile; got back two days ago. Both were breathtakingly beautiful and impressive.

Some years ago, I drove US 34 through Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado, USA. I did stop in various places in the park, including the summit of the road (12,183 feet, if memory serves). It was beautiful, though a little weird above the treeline–it felt like I was driving through a moonscape.

I’ve also been to Yanchep National Park in Western Australia. The Crystal Cave was fun to explore on a tour, though I think I got the biggest kick out of meeting a kangaroo, who was a willing subject for photos. I did not get too close, of course (it was a wild animal, after all), but I did get close enough for some great photos.

(Say with a French accent) Parc Naturel Regional des Landes de Gascogne in France, this past summer. It is west of Bordeaux and is low wetlands and pasture. It is dotted with small towns, and reminds me a bit of bayou country in the US.