What purpose do labia minora serve?

This is as good a time as any to mention Venice’s Palazzo Labia.

That’s just asking for a tu quoque. :stuck_out_tongue:

is there even a cunt hair’s difference between the two? :frowning:

I was going to, but then I realized that she misspelled “valuable”, so instead I shall have to pit her. Pity, that.

:wink:

No, no, no, you have that all wrong. We don’t offer pie, we tell you to bring pie…when come back. :smiley:

Rysdad:

Commie bastard!

A REAL American would have said Willie Nelson!

There is a theory that the female orgasm is evolutionarily valuable because it keeps a woman from getting up and walking away right after sex. In other apes that’s not a big deal, but because we stand upright, the vagina is pointed straight down and the semen can leak out. So this function might be important.

They don’t get up and walk away? :dubious: Have I been hanging around with the wrong crowd again? :smack:

There’s also a theory that it’s valuable because women who like having sex will do so more often. I know which theory I consider simpler.

Well, I admit I’ve not had a girlfriend in a while, either. Or a boyfriend.

grumble

They’re not really competing theories, though. And a single adaptation that makes an organism mate more often and be more likely to be made pregnant as a result of that mating is a big win from an evolutionary standpoint.

:: becomes gayer ::

Yeah, well, either way, I haven’t gotten any damn pie, but it’s sure been talked about a lot. I’m just sayin’ – I’ve had a lot of stuff e-mailed to me by fellow Dopers, but nothin’ I could enjoy with a cup of coffee.

Depends a lot on the ‘foliage’.

Carrot Top?

Tommy Chong?

Jerry Garcia?

This guy?

Except it doesn’t. Go straight down, I mean. It’s tilted anteriorally (illy?) at the cervix, creating a little swimming pool when you stand up. You can see it in this very simply drawn schematic, which I think is safe for work: here. Plus, when fertile, a woman’s cervix is a few millimeters lower than in that picture, dipping down into the “pool”. When a woman orgasms, her cervix actually sucks semen up into the uterus if it’s a fertile day. When a woman’s not fertile, the cervix is high and firm, like that picture, and it doesn’t matter if the woman stands on her head - no amount of semen in the uterus will get her pregnant.

So the female orgasm may be reproductively useful for the sucking of semen. But even if she stands up, most of the semen will stay inside her. (Some does drip out, but most stays in.)

I think some field testing is in order.

:: Rings up Mrs. Spiff ::

“But Honey, who are you to stand in the way of scientific advancement?”

Oh SURRRRRRRE. Bring that damned Rasor into play… :smiley:

Slight hijack…I just wanna know why women always go into the bathroom before having sex? It doesn’t always taste like they are cleaning up the equipment especially

Or they have. :dubious:

:smiley:

[QUOTE=rhiannon777]
women have them because men need that tissue to do something evolutionarily valuble. QUOTE]

I just Knew they were there as ‘tongue-ticklers’ to increase our pleasure. :stuck_out_tongue: