What’s the least dignified scene you’ve ever seen a respected actor do?

Didn’t he do a bit more than display them in Abel Ferrara’s Bad Lieutenant
in an infamous scene ? (though I haven’t seen the film)

At the risk of getting slapped, can someone tell me what the scene/quote is? Or is it just that he took such an undignified role? I knew MC had been in that movie but that’s all.

The late Richard Jeni does a great bit about that movie. I tried to find it but couldn’t.

So did Harvey Keitel or Frank Langella actually do anything undignified, or was being a naked, middle-age male enough?

(whereas Kathy Bates gets a Best-Supporting Actress nomination for About Schmidt)

I remember seeing Apocalypse Now in the theater, seated behind a trio of nice, “ladies who lunch” types. Two hours of machine-gunning, imapaling, and decapitation had no effect on their composure, until Martin Sheen pulled his boat up to Colonel Kurtz’s camp where a man wearing only a shirt was hanged from a tree over the river. No problems. Until… the body slowly spun around and revealed a little button of a dick-head. "Tcht-ugh!"

Helen Mirren & co- Caligula

The whole thing was one long undignified scene.

Sigh. “I have not seen it, but by all acounts, it is dreadful. I have, however, seen the house it built, and by all acounts, it is magnificiant.” - Michael Caine, on “Jaws the Revenge.”

John Gielgud, Peter O’Toole, Malcolm McDowell, Helen Mirren.

Caligula. I can’t believe nobody mentioned this.

I mentioned it

It was a brilliant commentary on leading vs. following public tastes!

Anyway, my vote goes to Monica Bellucci in Irreversible. Ick!

Jon Voight in Karate Dog. Nuff said.

John Wayne in The Conqueror.

Any scene with Robert DeNiro in Rocky & Bullwinkle.

One of the creepiest sex scenes in cinematic history, IMHO.

Speaking of that movie, how about the incredibly moving scenes throughout the from the still amazingly beautiful Ellen Burstyn. It’s still peeves me how she lost best actress to Julia Roberts in “Erin Brokovich.”

I was about to say, “just staring in a bad movie doesn’t count!” Then I clicked the link. You win.

Deniro’s got a BUNCH of them, but for my money it’s in Stardust where he crossdresses.

That wasn’t a body double?

My submission: You mentionned Nicolas Cage, surely dressing up as a woman punching bear is near the top.
Burn after reading: George Clooney’s contraption.

John Travolta dying on the can in Pulp Fiction.

Jesus Christ. I can’t believe that’s real, but it’s on IMDB sure enough.

Probably, now that you mention it.

Reverse that.

I don’t think it can possibly get any less dignified than Ned Beatty squealing like a pig, but I’ll throw Viggo Mortensen’s naked knife fight scene from Eastern Promises onto the pile. There are some very unglamorous shots and angles involved in that scene.

I would call it unglamorous, but NOT undignified. He was under attack, fighting for his life in a very intense scene - even if he WAS naked. It was a brave scene for any actor.