What’s the least dignified scene you’ve ever seen a respected actor do?

How about Joan Collins being mentally controlled by ants – ants!! – in Empire of the Ants.

And she had to go out on the road and promote this film, too!

Brave is not a phrase that I would use for Christian Slater in Alone in the Dark.

Mr. Travolta in a fright wig during the entirety of Battlefield Earth.

… Dayum. I was going to bring up getting eaten TWICE by a shittily animated snake in Anaconda, but never mind. Never mind at all.

John Gielgud in Bob Guccione’s Caligula. No particular scene, just having anything at all to do with the project.

What about Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thornton’s pre-sex scene in Monster’s Ball? Although I have read that some people thought it was awful acting, I always thought it was weird and awkward enough to sort of ring true. But it did seem pretty undignified.

Burt always did comedy well, and this is one of them. Besides, his toes in the boots felt all squishy, and he liked that.

Jeez, I think it’s going to be pretty hard to top that Jon Voight clip. Holy crap, that was… WTF *was *that!?

A paycheck. For doing a kids movie. So what? I’ve seen worse Saturday Night Live episodes.

In Straightheads, Gillian Anderson anally raping a guy with a shotgun.

You’d figure a guy with a shotgun could put a stop to that - if he wanted to :slight_smile:

George C Scott in Firestarter, in the scene where he plays a guy who is pretending to be afraid of the dark (to gain Drew Barrymore’s trust). Really embarrassing fake crying.

Partly improvised, if this is correct

In the full-frontal middle-aged man category, Bob Hoskins in Mrs Henderson Presents. Urgh. Plus it was a terrible film anyway, made only (as far as i can tell) to give Judi Dench something to do.

Weird. I searched the thread for Caligula, and I didn’t see your post.

How about Disney princess Anne Hathaway having sex with street punks in Havoc?

I disagree. I thought it was a delightful film and Hoskins was charming.

Funnier than Love Boat TNG or Choking Devil?

Oh, sure. But that doesn’t mean it was dignified.

You beat me to it.

As long as we’re nominating Helen Mirren, what about Shadowboxer.

Technically might not fit with the OP since I haven’t actually seen it. But even reading a synopsis and hearing about it from someone who did see it makes me wish I could bleach my brain.

Veronica Cartwright does an extremely brief spreadshot in “Inserts.”