What’s the least dignified scene you’ve ever seen a respected actor do?

this wins.

Josh Brolin in W played George W. Bush.

No! THIS wins!

I have been racking my brain trying to think of some actor who never did a dignified scene in any movie for his (or her) entire career and the best I can think of so far is the Three Stooges. That can’t be right, though: there must be somebody even worse.

God… just reading the plot synopsis makes you want to run for the hills.

Olivier as Zeus in “Clash of the Titans”

George Kennedy in Bolero. He was a driver for Bo Derek . He must have made a lot of money.

Can’t remember any particular scene because we couldn’t make it 20 minutes in, but O’Toole was in Thomas Kinkade’s Christmas Cottage. All I remember is one part where Peter O’Toole looks like he’s watching someone skullfuck a Smurf.

Wow, you guys have really got to start giving some summaries instead of just assuming everyone is familiar with any movie that you’ve seen. What’s the Deliverance scene about?

Plot Summary for Deliverance (1972) covers the high points.

This is from the IMDB front page:

===================================================

User Reviews (Review this title)
73 out of 113 people found the following review useful.
Nightmarish!!, 18 January 2004
Author: Coventry from the Draconian Swamp of Unholy Souls

Deliverance is the fascinating, haunting and sometimes even disturbing tale by James Dickey, turned into a brilliant movie by John Boorman. It’s about four businessmen, driven by manhood and macho-behavior, who’re spending a canoeing weekend high up in the mountains. Up there, they’re faced with every darkest side of man and every worst form of human misery…poverty, buggery and even physical harassment! These four men intended to travel down the river for adventure and excitement but their trip soon changes into an odyssey through a violent and lurking mountain-land, completely estranged from all forms of civilisation. All these elements actually make Deliverance one of the most nightmarish films I’ve ever seen. Just about everything that happens to these men, you pray that you’ll never find yourself to be in a similar situation. Pure talking cinema, Deliverance is a very important movie as well. John Boorman’s best (closely followed by Zardoz and Excalibur) was - and still is - a very influential film and it contains several memorable scenes that already featured in numberless other movies. Just think about the terrific “Duelling banjos” musical score and, of course, the unforgettable homosexual “squeal like a pig” rape scene. All the actors deliver (haha) perfect acting performances. Especially Jon Voight. A must see motion picture!!

=================================================

I can attest to being horrified at the humiliation that Ned Beatty’s character (not to mention the actor himself) was put through. I can also attest to never having felt as much catharsis as when Burt Reynolds’s arrow pierced the rapist’s neck!

Grim movie! Back when Jon Voight was about the age to be siring Angelina three years later!

I take it back, you win. I saw a clip of that scene, and he really does look like he’s viewing some kind of David Lynchian horror. He’s actually watching Jared Padalacki cry.

Whoosh? I’ll assume not. Deliverance is a movie from the 70s, which famously features a scene where a man is stripped to his tighty-whities and made to get down on all fours, “squealing like a piggy,” for a bunch of inbread hilbillies, who then rape him.

Another Mirren one- I could have done without Eric Stoltz’s bare ass between Helen Mirren’s legs in THE PASSION OF AYN RAND.

And I coulda also done without seeing the Roy Orbison tattoo on Henry Winkler’s ass in THE WATERBOY. Ewww!

That reminds me- while Sean Connery has indeed done his share of crap, nothing is a mindf**king as ZARDOZ!

But the greatness of THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING still makes all the combined crap of Caine & Connery worth it!

In “At Play in the Fields of the Lord”…I can’t remember the scene exactly, but at one point she runs up to a tree completely naked and has some sort of hysterical fit. Made me cringe.

Kind of similar to Oprah Winfrey when she falls down in the street with her dress hiked up over her waist in “Color Purple”

Re: the Viggo scene in the shower: this is a bit off topic but I’ve always wondered about this. If anyone saw Viggo in “The Indian Runner” they will know what the definition of “showing the world your SHORTcomings” is - that (little–haha) scene effectively ended my crush. But here’s the thing…in “Eastern Promises” he actually looked, well…normal. Average. Certainly much less embarrassing than IR. I’ve always wondered how that can be. :confused:

Showing and growing? A cold set?

That’s the one I came in to mention. I don’t remember Peter Sellers doing anything similar in the earlier version, but even if he had, it wouldn’t have been as disconcerting. You’d expect something like that from a character played by Sellers. :slight_smile:

Then there’s Jobeth Williams in Teachers, running down a hall at school and ripping open her blouse – bony ribcage, no bra (but it’d have been just as embarrassing if she hadn’t been flat chested).

*“Do women know about shrinkage?”
“What do you mean, like laundry?”
“No…”
“Like when a man goes swimming… Afterwards…”
“It shrinks?”
“Like a frightened turtle.”
“Why does it shrink?”
“It just does.”
“I don’t know how you guys walk around with those things.” *
- George, Elaine and Jerry, in “The Hamptons”

…shrinkage…but this was like major weird small, okay. It looked like a little boy’s - hard to explain - but with the “cold shrinkage” usually the whole thing is sort of shrunken and…soft. In the scene, he actually sort of jumps up and down (or some such movement) and his little guy looks…firm, but…TINY.

When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought of Mickey Rooney as the fumbling, buck-toothed Japanese photographer in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”. (Apologies if my search of the thread missed a previous mention).

I second John Wayne in “The Conqueror”.