What should I do with these baby eggplants?

I bought them because they’re so darned cute, and now I realize I don’t know the best use for them. Regular eggplants, yes, I slice, salt, drain, etc. and I use the big slices, but is there something in particular I should make with the li’l babies? Stuffed? Baked?

Make some Georgian Eggplant Stuffed with Walnuts and Herbs!

Alternately, stuff them with a mixture of ground lamb, onions, pine nuts, and maybe a bit of cinnamon and some tomato sauce.

My god, it’s full of deliciousness! I’d love to try this!

Slice them in half length wise and make shallow slits every 1/2 inch in a hatched pattern. Brush with oil and broil skin up til lightly brown Boil some balsamic vinegar down to make it syrupy and brush it on the eggplants. Top with coarse salt.

This. Plus some chopped fresh mint mixed into the lamb filling, and a sprinkling of crumbled feta cheese on top as soon as they come out of the oven… probably my favourite way to do eggplant, hands down.

Coincidentally, the latest recipe from Smitten Kitchen, one of my very favorite food blogs, is for stuffed baby eggplant. You can Google “Smitten Kitchen,” or the link is here.