What stereotypes do the Brits, Irish, and Scottish hold about one another?

How do you know somebody’s from Yorkshire? They’d have told you three times already.

Yorkshiremen are Scots with all the generosity squeezed out of them.

Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred, strong in the arm, thick in the head.

The Tyke’s creed: See all, 'ear all, say nowt, eat all, sup all, pay nowt, and if thy ever does owt for nowt do it for thi sen.

The Lancastrian view of Yorkshire.

So, how are people in and around London thought of? Cockneys & posh poofs? What else?

Rude, unfriendly, arrogant, regard London as the centre of the universe. Pretty much like New Yorkers really.

(I can say this because I’m a Londoner)

Q: When will Neds, Spides, Chavs & Millies be competing under their own independent flags in the Olympics?

They’ve already got the track suits…

Snorts coffee up nose.

Yorkshiremen are kind of the Texans of the UK in this regard.

Huh, I must be Irish, this sounds about right to me :wink:

Aberdeen seems to be particularly accused of it. Most of the Highlands and remote areas too, but mostly Aberdonians.

Yeah, it is mainly teuchters who fall into this stereotype.

I would never have pegged the welsh as quiet - in my experience you can’t shut them up.

I took a train a while back from London to Swansea - the volume levels in the carriage once we’d crossed the border into Wales shot up several decibles, it was hilarious.

Essex - fake tans, blinged-up second-hand BMWs, nightclubs called things like Razzers. If Yorkshire is our Texas, Essex is New Jersey.

Does the UK not have a show called “Geordie shore”?

If I want to meet people like Jeeves and Wooster, where should I go?

What about the Manxmen?

Apparently. But I think The Only Way is Essex is better known.

Three-legged tax dodgers who are fond of corporal punishment.

I met a man from Norfolk who said he could count on one hand the number of times he’d slept with a relative. The answer was 9.

Norfolk = inbred.

QuickSilver wrote: “What about the Manxmen?”

A superstitious bunch, too. They at least partly believe in the existence of the island’s fairies, however much they may claim not to.

The past?
Though you could possibly make do with Jacob Rees-Mogg.

What in tarnation does that-there fancy Yuropean lingo mean? I ain’t never heard nothin’ like that out here on the prairie range.

[/spits tobacco out the window of his pickup truck, fires a gun into the air, praises Jesus]

My grandparents who grew up in the 1930s all considered the Irish to be stupid and the Welsh to be dirty - dirty as in they didn’t like to get washed. I never heard them utter an opinion on the Scotch, except one of them always corrects me when I call them Scotch instead of Scottish.

I think people were much more bigoted in their formative years.

Mostly as dicks.

Scotch is a drink, not a nationality.

The Cotswolds. Maybe Surrey.