What store(s) do you go to where everyone seems to know you?

The local bicycle shop. I got a bike serviced there about 3-4 years ago then I started going there for various accessories and noticed they would give me a discount without me asking and soi kept going there. Then my partner bought a nice bicycle from there and I followed up by getting a good bike as well. Now we ride with the shop guys in the summer, go to spin classes there in the winter, and they know us by name. They always give a significant discount on whatever we are buying. I know I can get many cycling things cheaper online, but I’d rather pay an extra 10% or whatever to support the local shop. I think it’s a good example of how to run that type of business, and they always seem pretty busy.

The Chinese restaurant down the street. I went in there the other day after not visiting for a few weeks and the staff all were asking me where I had been. I kind of felt guilty for not having been in for a while. The waitress brings me Crab Rangoon without me having to order it. :slight_smile:

Are they referred to as Maggie Stpauler and Spoon Stpauler?

I live in a small town. I am known by name at the three grocery stores, the library, the post office, the gas station, the Mexican restaurant, Hardee’s, McDonald’s, the RiteAid, and a consignment store! It helps that I worked at the local high school for 10 years and I am a outgoing kind of person. I haven’t been asked for ID in my hometown for 25 years.

The LEGO store at the mall near me, although it’s actually my kids they know.

Home Depot - “Haz más, ahorrando.” ha ha

The Original Pancake House, which I even mentioned during a radio interview and got free meals for a month. Once I walked in and saw some friends at a table, so I went over to chat a bit. I was standing a bit in the aisle. A waitress showed up with their food and said, Hi, Boyo Jim! Get out of the way!"