What stupid thing do you do every time?

Go into the grocery store with my list, and leave my reading glasses in the car. I usually puzzle through it. Or just buy another cheap pair of reading glasses in the store.

How long have we had tabbed browsers now? 10 years? Something like that?
But, still, when I want to switch from one tab to another instead of going to the top of the window where the tabs are, I go to the bottom (remember when you had to have multiple instances of the browser) and click on a different program. All day long I do that…and when it’s a big program (Quickbooks, Photoshop etc), it can take a few seconds to go back and forth.

I keep telling myself I should just stop using the tabs and go back to using multiple windows instead.

Time to head out. Pick up my gym bag, left hand. Yoga mat, left hand. Jacket, over the left arm. Step out into the hall and it’s time to lock the door with my keys which are in… my left pocket.

I did that once. Started up right away. So I drove it around Got pulled over by the cops. They asked, “Where do you live?”. I said, " Right here."

-Steven Wright

When I’m tired or stressed out I sometimes slow down or stop at green lights. :smack: Hey, it’s been green for a while so it might turn red!

And those stop signs? They never turn green, no matter how long you wait.

Did that just once 5-ish years ago. But boy did I feel stupid when I realized what I had done. It’s an easy glitch to make, as others have already chimed in. But somehow that was proof to me that I’d really lost it. Hasn’t happened since, so I guess I mortified myself enough :).

Did that 2x yesterday then it finished fluffing after we went to bed. So re-fluffed the same load twice this AM. Just to be sure. Yeah, that’s it. The second go around this morning was just to make sure they were fluffed enough. :slight_smile:
My favorite “Why won’t I learn?” moment?

I wake up in the middle of the night mildly needing to pee. So I’ll rationalize that it’s not so severe, I can go back to sleep until wakeup time. After 15 minutes of tossing & turning & being uncomfortable I admit defeat & go pee. And now comfortable, fall instantly back to sleep until morning.

I’ve been peeing now for 50 some years. I wake up fairly alert so it’s not like I’m too groggy or drunk to understand what’s going on. You’d think I’d understand by now that it only gets fuller until you empty it. It *never * and I do mean never goes the other way. And if it ever did, I’d probably be smarter to go to the hospital ASAP than back to sleep. :smack: :smack: :smack:

On that note I’m off to bed. Maybe tonight will be different.

So you’re saying I really have lost it? :wink:

You can set it to do this at least in Windows. The exact sequence will depend on exactly what version you run, but it will be something like:

Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Keyboards & Languages > Change Keyboard > Advanced Key Settings > Select “Press Shift Key”

You’re not the only one.

I have walked up to my house numerous times while hitting the unlock button on my fob. I have laughed at myself each time, but wonder about the future…:slight_smile:

Over the 20 or so years I’ve been a grocery shopper, I’ve probably left hundreds of dollars worth of coupons on my table, in the car or even worse in my damn pocket. This week I left a $10 coupon in my pocket as I checked out and went home.

Trying to turn off the barking dog with the remote when he barks while I’m watching television?

Okay, actually I did that a couple of times but I’m over it now.

BUT…every time I plug in (a) my Kindle, (b) my phone, I first get the thing, the plug thing, in upside down, and it won’t go in. So I turn it over, and it still won’t go in. So I turn it back over, the way I had it the first time, and voila, it goes in. I also do this with new USB drives. Eventually I learn what’s on top. But with the Kindle and the phone, I never learn.

I probably don’t do that every single time and it’s selection bias, but I do it a lot.

You know you can put them on and stand there and memorize your list. Or read the one thing you couldn’t remember from when you wrote it. Then put the glasses back on the rack. You don’t have to buy them.

Heh. A half dozen years or so ago, we went to the AT&T store to upgrade our phones. And lo and behold, they were showcasing some sort of system that does just that. From a remote type thingie, you could unlock your house, turn the lights up and down, set your thermostat and feed the cat. Okay, maybe not the last one. :stuck_out_tongue: But I’d it was beginning to be available back then, maybe it’s a full-fledged reality now. Anyone know if this keeps all of us from really being crazy?

And Hilarity, I used to do something similar. When my husband would annoy me as I was reading, I often aimed that thing at him to get him to pause. That didn’t work on him any better than my key fob opened the front door. Not for lack of trying though.

You do this every time?

(You know, they say a bachelor is a man who never makes the same mistake once.)

Hit “Command-Z,” after spilling coffee on the keyboard.

I stopped at some traffic lights during a power outage.

I save time in the mornings by using my landline to call my cellphone to locate it. Later in the day I notice I’ve had a missed call - who can that be from?

Yep! Why is that?? :smiley:

Around here, that’s the law. Treat it as a fourway stop when out.

I always assume that north is in front of me, east is right, and west is left. I get lost a lot.