What the heck is my male cat doing to my female cat?

Really? Gosh I had no idea. Here I thought that their thought process was the same as our own. :rolleyes: :wink:

Would it be too creepy if I just popped in and asked for pics?

Only if you don’t think it’s too creepy that I already have a pic: http://pics.livejournal.com/opalcat/pic/0005yx67

:: looks at picture ::

That there’s kitty sex. He’s “shifting his weight on his hind legs from one foot to the other”, you say? Yup, that be kitty sex. Maybe he forgot (or never learned in the first place) the bit about humping, but he’s got the rest of it down pat.

In another realm of the animal kingdom, geldings will try to get it on even though they’ve been deballed. There was one gelding at my barn who shared a paddock with four mares (same owner for all five) and he’d mount and penetrate any mare in heat that would stand still for him.

My (now sadly departed) large Quarter Horse gelding loved the mares, loved to flirt with them. Despite his inability to follow through he was capable of bringing a paddockful of mares into raging heat – in November – simply by his manly presence.

One day he was turned out in the ring with a Shetland-sized pony mare in full slut mode. He nuzzled, rump-nibbled, then suddenly seized hold of her neck with his teeth and tried to mount her.

Given the size disparity, this didn’t turn out too well. The little mare collapsed under the sudden burden and both of them fell down, got up unhurt and stood there with “What the hell just happened?” looks on their faces.

Both are creepy.

Wait. Are you saying humans have logic and don’t try to make sure others know which human has higher status?

ETF: that’s nothing. I had a female poodle who used to mount and hump my male cat. Splain the instinct that led to THAT! Heh.

Well, lemme see… :dubious:
Ah. :cool:
It was a poodle. We all know they’re French. We all know what them Frenchies are like, right? Stands to reason, that there poodle was a pervert.
:wink:

Well, if I couldn’t do that normally, I suppose I’d nip on it a little harder

…I gots to!

Kinky indeed. I had a male neutered cat who had a decade-long love affair with my fuzzy slippers. Well, to be accurate, I never wore them again once I realized that they were cheating on me.

I’m saying that adult humans know who would be a threat to their position, and who is already in submission and spend the energy to keep their status in other ways.

Not all. If you’re ever in Spain and deadly bored, I can introduce you to some of my ex-bosses. For example, that QC manager who started every morning yelling at the ultra-polite warehouse manager: “I’m going to rip your head off” at the top of her lungs; we could hear her through two concrete walls.

Bwahahah!
:pictures Shetland Pony collapsing:
Bwahahaha!

It’ the Cat Macarena!

I have a female cat that does the same thing your male cat is doing. Only she does it to my arm when I’m trying to sleep. No biting, but a lot of wrist-licking.

My neutered cat does the same thing to my spayed cat, and yes, I’ve often wondered if it was kitty sex or simply dominance behavior.

I’ve seen Inigo do the same thing to Mija on occasion…very, very rare occasion, as Mija is one neurotic bitch of a kitty, and doesn’t stand (lie?) for such ridiculous come-ons. She’ll growl, spin, and smack the big black male kitty, who looks at her like “Oh, you KNOW you wanted it baby! Back off the bitch fest!”

FTR, Inigo was neutered as a kitten.

EddyTeddyFreddy, I’ve seen that sort of thing in geldings around my barn, too. Two of them–one of them an 18 hand warmblood behemoth that was gelded late–were so full of their testosterone-y selves that they destroyed the pipe corral that separated them in their frequent battles over the two lone mares on the property. My Ana was completely unimpressed by this, but the other mare was a ho who loved to watch the men fight over her.

Hey, our big boy, Baby does this to his little brother, Jelly all the freakin’ time. It’s very much a dominance thing, in this case. Baby is frustrated that he can’t bring Princess to heel, so he forces his sibling to the floor and makes him squeal in pain. Always does it right outside our bedroom door five minutes after we’ve turned out the light.

Crazy thing is, Jelly is always waiting for him

Dunno, might be a dominance thing, but I’ve seen both my spayed and neutered kitties (both fixed as kittens, both around 8 years old now) do this to the blankets on my bed as well as clothes I’ve worn and left out and about.

When I first saw my male kitty do it, I checked the ‘undercarriage’ (if you will) out of sheer curiosity - after all, he was fixed…

Sure enough, there was his little penis poking out in all its glory.

Still baffled by this behavior. They finally settle down and go to sleep. It’s almost like they’re in ecstasy over being inside and on the bed or in my clothes.

You don’t come here for the huntin’, do ya?