What the heck is "There are no forests"?

Run, Forest, run!!!

Very, very good.

In subductionzones, of course.

Subduction zones can hide a multiiude of (human) sins. A couple cycles through the mantle and all our evil will be conclusively erased. Silico vivo eterno!!

But once you go through enough cycles of subduction of intelligently-created artifacts, the recycled magma starts to develop a psychic resonance, and you can end up with telepathically-active “eggs” emerging in volcanic active regions, which will doubtless form the basis for new multi-species religious beliefs.

(thanks, David Brin!)

Only if diluted via mantle recycling by 1E9:1 per homeopathic methods. Then it becomes inescapably real.

You should be careful. Next thing you know they will be quoting you.

OK, I tried watching the video, got ten minutes in before I couldn’t keep track of the multiple tracks of argument any more.

I will say that the idea that mesas are the petrified stumps of hyper-sequoias is evocative, even if completely wrong.

Just ran across this today. I’m still sure that mesas are not the petrified stumps of giant trees, and the photos below are almost certainly photographed from a misleading angle; but… dayum!

The link to the original video in this thread appears to be dead now, so I can’t tell if it is related to Mudfossil University or just somewhat aligned with that branch of nuttery. If unrelated, please enjoy Mudfossil University, where every landform is a dragon; every rock is a bone or petrified organ; every cave is a fossilised orifice, every statue was once alive, and where the Egyptian Sphinx was a real, actual giant quadruped that was shot in the head with a giant arrow, before it lay calmly and serenely down with a smile on its face, to be turned to stone.

I would have said “scaibies” rather than eczema but yeah, that.

A search on YouTube for giant stone trees will turn up multiple videos on the same topic.

You’re a bad man. You’re a very bad man.

It’s all Paul Bunyon’s fault.

To answer the OPs title: You just can’t see the Forests, for the Trees.