What the HELL has happened to Television?!?

Your television is already dead.

Read a book!

[quoter**When did TV start to Suck? **[/quote]

The First Season of “the Real World”, “Reality” TV is so far from reality it’s laughable.
Television has always sucked, but conversely it has always had some fantastic stuff. It depends upon what you’re looking for…Heck I live for the Discovery Channel, and the Learning Channel, PBS etc…I still have got to have my NASCAR on Sundays though…and every now and then when I really need a laugh…maybe just maybe…some WWF.

I’ve got Digital Cable and subscribe to all the channels, almost 200 plus PPV and Digital Music Channels…But I still have looked at the schedule and though, “I’m paying this much and there is still nothing on?”

But generally I feel I get my money’s worth.

Crap.“r” and “]” are no where near eachother…How’d I do that!!!

Here’s a good one: Kathie Griffin will be hosting an MTV talk show. The topic: all the reality-TV shows! So, the viewers of this show would be HOW MANY degrees from having a life? My roommate will verify that I laughed/groaned in shock and disbelief for about five minutes after we saw the ad.

In another thread, someone asks a question we’ve all considered at one time or other: “When did Television get to be so awful?”

I would propose the following theory (or is it more properly a hypothesis at this stage?):[ul]Television has always consisted of huge mounds of audiovisual KREP. Within that steaming, noisesome mass lie a few choice nuggets that beguile us into venturing once more into the vast wasteland in a pathetic search for yet another golden morsel.[/ul]As evidence, I give you some examples:[list=1][li]“My Mother the Car”[/li]A man discovers his mother has been reincarnated as his antique automobile. Right.

[li]“My Living Doll”[/li]An Air Force scientist tries to teach a(n emphatically) female android (Julie Newmar – ROWR!!) how to get along in human society. Hilarity ensues.

[li]"Captain Nice[/li]A mama’s-boy police chemist uses a secret formula to become a superhero, aided by his mother (played by Alice Ghostly – who would be embarrassed about this show if anyone besides me still remembered it).[/list=1]What evidence do we have that Television was ever “great”, apart from a few isolated examples? Tell me, oh Teeming Masses: what were the best (and worst) examples of television programming ever perpetrated?

~~Baloo

Drat! I meant to start a new thread with that.

Moderator assistance, please?

~~Baloo