What the hell is wrong with you Americans?

Yeah, what BeerUser said.

Crystalguy

…and so the Canadian fella says, “Doc, do ya think the light could be attracting them?”

First of all: I’m not from USA or Canada.
I see you are refering to one of mine posts.
Why we discuss this?
Because homosexuality isn’t something most people talk about over the dinner table, at work etc. Most people can discuss issues like Who should be new president, taxes etc., but homosexuality and religion isn’t something people can talk easily about. Most people try to avoid a conflict with people they like, live together with, work with etc. That’s wy we discuss it so much here. We don’t know each other and many of us live in different countries. That’s one of the reasons they created the Straight Dope (what does the straight dope mean ???)
I guess that the topics you are interessted to discuss is the same topics we discuss at work, home etc.

I suspect that this was a rhetorical question.
On the off chance that it was an actual question: Straight Dope is slang for Correct Information (with a connotation that the information is not merely correct, but is free from influence or error–not that we succeed with that very often).

Tom~

Why is it all right for Americans to criticize other countries but not all right for them to criticize us?

When all else fails, ask Cecil.

I challenge that.

I have it on good authority that Canadians neither think, nor can they count to 5.

Hey KarmaComatose…sounds like something that would come from those of the #3 country in North America.(#2 still open) You don’t even know you ARE Canadians, your still arguing to be Britts or French. Why continue to be #3 join us, or just continue to try and follow our lead and you just may survive. That is if you are not taken over by the Nufies before you decide if you want to be Britts or French!

Furthermore…There is NOTHING wrong with religion…there IS something wrong about such unnatural acts between two men or two
women. Unhealthy and unnatural as a dog humping your leg!

SOCK PUPPET ALERT *** SOCK PUPPET ALERT *** SOCK PUPPET ALERT

John, you FREAK. You’ve been banned. What part of that don’t you understand?

StoryTyler
“Not everybody does it, but everybody should.”

What is unhealthy and unnatural about a dog humping your leg? Its natural for the dog, and I can’t think of any reason why it would be unhealthy - I don’t think I’ve ever seen a dog with an infection or injury caused by denim abrasion or anything.

Oh, you mean you think that the dog wants to have sex with you? Actually, I believe it’s a dominance thing - sort of a doggy way of saying ‘Fuck off’. Although, it’s always possible that male dogs DO want to have sex with YOU - be grateful that something does.

Some days you’re the dog, some days you’re the hydrant.

Dogs do have that certain je ne sais quoi.

CalifBoomer said

Then he rattled off a stack of platitudes, some of which would make Paul Harvey gag, and then he finished with

Which is it? Are we great or should I quit paying on my life insurance?

samclem:

{quote]Which is it? Are we great or should I quit paying on my life insurance?
[/quote]

Follow these instructions:

1. Dump AOL
  2. Shoot yourself in the head

BTW-Where is ‘akron’?
::

CalifBoomer said

Do you assume that because I list an AOL address that this makes me somehow beneath you or inferior? I hope your accounting skills are better than your attemps at logic(or humor).
Then he added

See above.