What the hell is wrong with you Americans?

Oh and Lord

I give your flame a 9.9

Yours truly,
aha

Karma, i am confused:

First you say: Americans talk too much about homosexuals/religion

Then you say: This is because you have “religious rule”

From this you conclude: “[T]his. . .destroys much of the independent voice”

Let me see if I got this straight: Because we talk too much we are deprived of a voice.

I guess that the fact that you Canadians do not argue suggests that you all have an “independent voice” but luckily you all have the same opinions so there is no need to, you know, mention them to anybody.

You go get a first amendment, and then we will talk about freedom.

Oh man.
I stayed out of the prose crap, but I wanted to stick my head in here just once and say (loudly) “We are NOT all like that!”

Now karma, why, OH why would you start this thread? You must know this is primarily american filled, and all the other countries get along…

I refuse to get sucked into a “my country is better than your country” debate.

Cmon Wally, lets go get some back bacon and real beer! :wink:

Let’s review;

1 - Karma admits Americans and Canadians have essentially the same culture and values.

2 - Karma likes Canadians but doesn’t like Americans.

3 - Karma can’t explain exactly what he doesn’t like about Americans. But he’s sure there’s something wrong with them.

My conclusion:

4 - Karma’s a bigot.

{{{While many of the posters here are reasonable, intelligent people, I must say: what the hell is wrong with you Americans? In Canada, there would never be a 350 message forum debating homosexuality and creation, simply because there is not as much religious rule. Not only does this rule breed ignorance on both sides of the coin, but it destroys much of the independent voice that a populace could have, creating issues from non-issues with the heavy burden of American socio-religious stigma.}}}—KarmaComa

It’s the heat down here. It makes all a bit irrational and, if I may, crazy.

Pay no attention to us, after all our society (such as you describe it so eloquently) can’t possibly last very long…can it? :wink:

Kalél
TheHungerSite.com
“If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.”
“Well, there was that thing with the Cheese-Wiz…but I’m feeling much better now!” – John Astin, Night Court

So Karma has a point? Which is all I was trying to say. He’s right when he says that religious beliefs permeate and influence American politics. I’ve heard of people who absolutely refuse to debate someone who has different religious beliefs. Some hold public office.

You were the first to respond with a flame. I thought he had some valid points; I’ve actually wondered some of the same things myself.

I honestly believe that an outsider can (but not always) see things an insider can not.

When all else fails, ask Cecil.

No, I think he sees us following the herd too much. Just because a person talks a lot does not mean he’s injecting anything original or independent into the discussion. He could just be repeating what he’s heard without analyzing it.

When all else fails, ask Cecil.

I am so fucking sick of seeing whiney fucking hypocritical Canadian motherfucking little pricks talk shit about the United States for the dumbest of fucking reasons that sometimes I wonder why we even let that goddam country exist in the first place. Then I realize that it’s just a couple people and I really can’t generalize the opinions of pieces of frozen moose turd like Karma to the entire country.

Yeah, Americans are more religious on average than people from other countries. We also represent most likely a wider range of religious opinions than any other country. We also feel strongly about the right of everyone to be able to freely express their opinions. So you are upset to see that people discuss religious ideas and American culture at great length on a predominantly American message board? Well what the fuck were you expecting from Great Debates? Manicuring tips, perhaps?

Go crawl back under whatever rock you came from and leave us alone. I don’t think Canada will miss you, and I know the US won’t.

What about South Americans? Israelis? Arabs of many countries? Vietnamese? Tibetans?

“I must leave this planet, if only for an hour.” – Antoine de St. Exupéry

Are you a turtle?

Personally(sorry guys) I thought Lord’s rant was a 5 but hey.

Karma, this was done 2 months ago, as much as I hate to agree with Wally, let this one die.

Rant and rave all you want but honey you’ll get burned alive, chewed up and spat out.

If you want to see all the trouble this thread got started search for MHL or Prose.
Believe me, it’s insane.

Some people are still trying to prove they are nice people :frowning: and not a dreaded Troll.
I don’t know about me, apparently the jury is still out on that one.

Though there are still MANY things that I do not like about American culture, I just haven’t posted my thoughts on them. And won’t.

I am a fire whose flames lick and spit at the boundless sky forever desiring wonderous consummation
-me

I’ll second the motion that all Canadians are not assholes like KarmaComa is.
It’s truely pathetic that someone comes into a board to start a bunch of shit he can’t even finish.Go back to your cricket playing, sorry excuse for a ‘counrty club’ highschool, where I’m sure your little clique of friends would agree with your foolish arguements without the necessity of any substancial backing. When you can be a little more open and take some time to learn more about whatever topic you choose to go off on, then maybe you’ll be taken a little more seriously.
Are you sure in Canada we don’t have some sort of message board devoted to debating ‘homosexuality and creation’? Have you done extensive research in this area? I have not, nor do I intend to, because I simply could care less. Your the one who is creating an issue from a non issue here.Like UncleBeer said, this whole scenario has already been done, and overdone for that matter. What’s next a 'my dad can take your dad ’ fight? That would belong in MPSIMS.
Each countries has it’s downfalls, we are different in our own respects, and still the same in many ways. How could we not be? It’s great to be proud of your country , but when it is demonstrated through a unmistakable contempt for people(or the structure of their society) who are different from you, yet at the same time not so different at all, then you my fellow canuck are nothing better than a bigot.
The purpose of this board is to fight ignorance, all you have suceeded in is showing your intolerance.

as a Canadian,

I’d like to add…
(see below)

“Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings.” Bob Dylan

What in the name of Peter Abelard is a “socio-religious stigma”?
Is this another one of those post-deconstructionist relationally agnostic neo-Flavo-Pointillist theories where the synthesis of the thesis becomes its own antithesis? Ye gads man, I thought Jim Jones had put an end to this kind of thing.

Dr. Watson
“For Sale: One Horse. Badly Beaten. Best Offer.”

Dr Watson, great sig! I could not agree more…

“Penises don’t belong in the mouth, girls and boys. You’ve got the wrong hole there. Just like you wouldn’t shove pizza up your nose.”
-From the Brother Jed flyer-

There actually is very little ‘wrong’ with ‘us Americans’. Ours is a great and beautiful country, founded in freedom and personal responsibility. We Americans have always cherished fair play, respect for others and love for our families. Over the years we’ve come to the aid of others all over the world, because they needed us and because it was right. We grew in strength and wealth following these principles.

More recently, however, we’ve fallen on hard times. We’re forgetting our founding principles. The clear cut lines of right and wrong have been compromised with ‘situational ethics’. We’re told there is no sin because there is no God. Prayer is considered a weakness. Moral reference points are disappearing as we accept increasingly lower standards for behavior.

The strengths of personal responsibility are being replaced by the weaknesses of personal victimization. Some of us no longer want to take responsibility for our actions, it’s so much easier to blame someone else and demand government intervention to subsidize our willful selfishness.

Those of us who refer back to these founding principles are quickly labelled ‘intolerant bigots’ or ‘wackos’ by the intellectual elite. As our historical dependence on God decreases, our problems increase. We allow our government to get bigger, more powerful and take more of our money, as we trade our freedom for the empty promise of ‘security’.

Unless we change course, and soon, our fate will most assuredly be the same as past great civilizations that were, and are no more. Consider the brutal and violent state of the rest of the world today, and envision it without the United States of America.

Don’t let that happen.

::

Two canadians are walking towards each other on the road. One of them is carrying a sack.
When they meet, the canadian without a sack says “Whatchyer got in the sack, eh?”

“Just some chickens, eh.” The one with the sack says.

So the one without the sack says “If I can gues how many are in there, can I have one?”

“If you can guess that, I’ll give 'em both to ye, don’t you know!” Replies the one with the sack.

After thinking real hard, the one without the sack guesses “Five?”

{{{There actually is very little ‘wrong’ with ‘us Americans’. Ours is a great and beautiful country, founded in freedom and personal responsibility. We Americans have always cherished fair play, respect for others and love for our families. Over the years we’ve come to the aid of others all over the world, because they needed us and because it was right. We grew in strength and wealth following these principles.}}}—CalifBoomer

In succinct rebuttal: TRAIL OF TEARS

I support all that we, as Americans, aspire to be; but we have a very poor track record in such aspirations, and have still a long way to go.

Kalél
TheHungerSite.com
“If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.”
“Well, there was that thing with the Cheese-Wiz…but I’m feeling much better now!” – John Astin, Night Court

Lexicon, we dont say: “Dontcha know”… remember that eh?

sigh Here we go again. Another angry Canadian professing his dislike of the United States so he can be down with the crew, as we say in this neck of the woods. This gets tiring you know. I personally have no problem with Canadians (hey sue!). Both countries have things to offer each other. Stop attacking. No one attacked you, and we most certainly dont appreciate when we get attacked.

Hey, FUCK YOU! Wow, that felt great.

There’s always another beer.