What the hell kind of bug is this

Nah silly! You need sharp objects to kill it. I hereby suggest: your teeth. Give them pearly whites a challenge!

crunchcrunch

erk… i just made myself nauseous…

Awww, those poor little niños de la tierra! What they ever do to you? I mean, *besides *scare the crap out of you?

Even if they are ugly as a mofo, they are god’s creatures, too. :cool:

And they eat bugs. This guy ate roaches, and you killed it. :rolleyes:

So, when are you moving? :smiley:

If it wanted to continue living, and if God wanted it to continue living, it wouldn’t have crossed Dfth’s path.

At least, that’s my take on flies, mosquitoes and other nasty insects. I assume that if they’re bugging me, it’s because they’re suicidal over their continued existence as an insect, and they want me to speed them off to their next life. :wink:

Reminds me of a Jerusalem Artichoke which has nothing to do with Jerusalem or artichokes. It’s a tuber, native to the United States.

I think my little bearded dragon Bindi Sue would enjoy that for dinner. Bon appetit, sweetie. How come I’m obligated to post pics of kittens, but not beardies? Seems oddly unfair to the poor critters…

–by people who are so whooped up on mescaline that they can no longer distinguish between the head of a human child and that of a hideous giant insect.

Actually, I remember the first time I ran across one, digging in a garden to plant roses. I was quite appalled at the resemblance to a baby’s head. Gave me quite a start at first…

OK, one just crawled across my patio the other night. I jumped on it and squished it with my shoe. About 5 minutes later, it got up and started crawling away. I jumped on it again and smashed it to smithereens. It did not survive this time.

This guy says that there is a species called the Mahogany Jerusalem Cricket with a body that is 3.5 inches long! AAAAARRRGGGHHH!