What to do with some pumpernickel flour?

So lately me and the GF have been on a bake-our-own-bread kick. When we were out at a local farmers market, we found pumpernickel flour on the cheap and HAD to get some. Got it home to find out that all our books don’t make mention of what to do with it, and the online recipes I’ve found I don’t fully have faith in. I turn to you, dopers, to find out…does anyone have a damn good bread recipe with pumpernickel flour?

<mod>

Moved to Cafe Society.

</mod>

Is there a difference between pumpernickel flour and regular rye?

I can give you the recipe I use for pumpernickel bread, straight from Betty Crocker.

3 packages active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 cup molasses
4 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons shortening
2 tablespoons caraway seed
2 3/4 cups rye flour
2 3/4 to 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Cornmeal

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in molasses, salt, shortening, caraway seed and rye flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in enough white flour to make dough easy to handle.

Turn dough onto lightly floured board. Cover; let rest 10 to 15 minutes. Knead until smoothe, about 5 minutes. Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up. Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour. Punch down dough; round up, cover and let rise again until double, about 40 minutes.

Grease baking sheet; sprinkle with cornmeal. Punch down dough; divide in half. Shape each half into round, slightly flat loaf. Place loaves in opposite corners of baking sheet. Cover; let rise 1 hour.

Heat over to 375. Bake 30 to 35 minutes.

Like thirdwarning says, pumpernickel is a form of rye bread. If you have any rye bread recipes, or even any multi-grain recipes that include rye flour, you should have pretty good results.