What virtual reality sorftware would you like?

What do you think would be cool software if you had a virtual reality visor and gloves?

entertainment A computer RPG like say Baldur’s Gate.

relaxation I’d like to be inside a lava lamp, one of the older styles.

work: In the Foundation series by Asimov a group of mathematicians have this little box that when activated illuminates the entire room with equations that they work on. I would like a room like that, or even just one big mofo blackboard.

Aw nuts, that’s software.

Have you heard of Steven Mann. He’s a Canadian professor who wanders around with a monocular display permanently and he superimposes images over his reality. Kind of like ad-blockin for real :slight_smile:
He recently had the airport strip him of his gadgets, break some of them, and lose some of them. He’s claiming that because his brain is so used to having augmented reality that he’s suffering brain damage from being disconnected.
There’s a wearable hardware list I subscribe to with loads of interesting stuff on this. There’s also a guy who ‘hacks’ the visors - everyone seems pretty eager to get a ‘covert’ display which fits in a pair of sunglasses.

CyberGrope 2002 (Vanessa Williams edition)TM :slight_smile:

Entertainment: Half-life, SOOO many mod’s for it. So much selection.

Relaxation: Flight Simulator 2002

Work Some kind of program that let’s me immediatly access things by poking them, address book, internet, spreadsheats, even calling on the phone.

You’re the man Kal. Nothing like telling it like it is. :cool:

I have heard of him tigress, being from Canada, I have seen some articles in the newspapar about it. Pretty amusing. The wearable hardware list sounds pretty cool.

Yeah, yeah Kal, but only groping. The groinal attachment doesn’t come out until 2007. :wink:

Balduran, I’m gonna use that as a sig - 'Kay with you?

Anyways, I don’t want the fancy groinal doohicky (That could have been worded better!). CyberGrope 2002 (Vanessa Williams edition)TM would provide me with many happy hours of fondle…erm, I mean fun.

Kal, I would be honored :slight_smile:

Kal, check out www.teledildonics.com :slight_smile:

white- tigeress, oh boy, those THINGS are wrong on so many levels…

I’m sorry but there’s no way I’d want one of those - even if my wife would let me :smiley:

Forgot me brand new sig!!

Well, this is one damn stupid way of upping my post count.

An eating simulator, where I could consumer endless B&J and H&D ice-cream with no nausea or weight-gain.

Other than that, in retrospect, I would prefer to do most things for real. I love RPGs, but I wouldn’t want the effort of seemingly having to travel from Far Andara to Crixledark City on foot, I’d rather do it with a few mouseclicks.

I agree, you couldn’t have an RPG completely realistic. How would you deal with experience, increasing skill and armour class? But wouldn’t that be awesome to come face to face with a dragon?

Screw that, I’d want VR anti-virus software…

Failing that, I read somewhere about a man who took the source code for Doom and used it as a process manager on a winnt box. Yes, you wandered around Phobo Base shooting monsters…except that the monsters were programs actually running in the background. The more essential the program, the more powerful the monster. The more privileges the user had, the bigger the gun. Good clean fun.

“Damn, that CyberDemon scragged me AGAIN. No way I’m shutting that database down today.” :smiley:

Same thing for Linux (not to steal your thunder, slortar, but just as an example): Doom!

Me, I’d like to mess around in a VR Black and White. “Kneel, pathetic humans, for I am your god!” Well, I say that all the time anyway, but the least I could hope for is that they’d hear me this way. :wink:

Same thing for Linux (not to steal your thunder, slortar, but just as an example): Doom!

Me, I’d like to mess around in a VR Black and White. “Kneel, pathetic humans, for I am your god!” Well, I say that all the time anyway, but the least I could hope for is that they’d hear me this way. :wink:

I want a VR Bryce, so I could create landscapes as I pleased. :points: Mountains! :points: Trees! :points: Snow! It’d be cool.
A VR Myst/Riven/Myst 3 would be neat, too. I can’t think of a game better suited for a VR visor and gloves.