What was that Truck Carrying?

Now that I think about it, these days I see more and more support columns for overhead signs, when they are supported on one side only rather than a truss running across the highway, which have 30 degree-ish “fins” at their base to reinforce them. I guess they would look like a missile in the trailer before they get delivered.

That’s funny…I was just at that intersection a couple weeks ago and noticed that big tube/beam/whatever.

Those sections do look like the thing I saw. The thing did look like it was covered, so maybe the fins weren’t actually part of it, but appeared that way due to being covered.

Sounds like the fleshlight I ordered finally shipped.

I know it’s intended as a joke, and I smirked too, but for the population of Canada we have a pretty decent Navy. Sure it could be bigger, and we recently announced a new ship-building project.

This was funny!

Including the pig?

I love Canada but you know sometimes you just have to roll with it, no offence intended, hope none taken

CAPT

No offense taken. I understand the humour and smirked too, like I said. We’ve supported you guys in a number of missions, Afghanistan and Libya being the latest.

Your military demands respect, and so does ours. That’s all.

But how do your military vehicles move well? I think the square wheels would be a problem, eh’ :smiley:

“As is tradition”

CAPT

The pipes sound like they’re about the right dimensions to be drill pipe. Drill pipe is usually just ordinary-looking steel pipe, but there are some exotic varieties used in directional drilling that have fin-like features at various points.

Dream on, Big Man!

GreasyJack, meet Fubaya.

Hijack - Jesus. That’s HUGE. Hard to believe it’s a cost-effective replacement for individual lights. Wow. - Hijack off

Is there any chance it could have been a pair of wind turbine blades, like this? With the light and angle just right, it could look very much like what you described.

CANADIAN WARSHIP SEIZES TANKER IN… WAIT…CANADA HAS A WARSHIP? Oh Right, and Switzerland Has Nuclear Weapons

Just in case…you do know that the Canadian Warship story is a satire, eh?

But I wonder…

Well without a photo that’s the best I can do.

That is about a 96% match to what I saw, but from the angle I was at (drivers side, going opposite direction) it looked to be 1 item.

The round end is a little different in that there was a lip where the bolts/bolt holes were.

30-40 feet would be pretty small for windmill blades. According to one site, 30-40 meters is most common, with some newer ones up to 60 meters. Was it on a normal trailer? A normal enclosed transfer truck trailer is 53 feet long and I assume a flatbed is about to the same. Any old truck and trailer could haul a 40ft object.

But a windmill trailer is on it’s own would probably leave an impression because they’re super long.

Of course, you can have any size windmill you want, but it sounds too small for a modern top-of-the-mountain alternative energy type windmill.

It seemed like it was the full length of a normal flatbed trailer. My 30’ to 40’ guess was due to not knowing how long those trailers are normally.

Considering it comes from a website called Satirewire, I’d say that’s a given.

Flatbed semi trailers can vary anywhere from about 45 to 53 feet. Depending on state laws, anything over that usually has to have a special permit and would be marked as a long load.