What was the last publicly embarrasing thing you did?

As I was walking home there were a lot of seaguls flying about pissing me off. I spotted a stick so I decided to pick it up to throw at the seaguls.

Well that was my intention, but my hand had other ideas, and held on to the stick for half a second too long, and what I actually did was throw the stick almost horizontally behind me. (It was an underarm throw)

So I carried on walking as if nothing happened, hearing the stick land somewhere in the distance behind me, but not looking round.

There were people watching.

Existed?

Duck!

[right]Where?![/right]

Walking through one of the twistier corridors here at work today:

“Dum de dum…doot de doo…uh oh…gotta rip ass. Hmm…no one else in the corridor with me…seems safe…”

FFFFFRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBBlibbityblibbityblibbityRRRRRrrrrrRRRRrrrrrrrRRRRrrrrrrr…RRRRR…RRRR…rrrr…RTTT!

:: turns corner, finds three casual work acquaintances staring ::

Ah well…at least it wasn’t one the really nasty ones that I save for when I get home.

I do embarassing constantly; thank god I’m finally old enough they don’t bother me.

Last one was Saturday down at the rowing club. I was waiting around for the caoch and the board members to stop chatting when some ducks walked up the dock. I love chasing things so I thundered down the dock to scare them and then giggled when they scrambled away. And turned around to see everyone staring at me. :smack: Gotta remember that I’m 38 and not two…

Reading an amusing novel I happened to have in my bag, I came to a really funny part and chuckled audibly.
Too bad I had forgotten that I was on a packed, quiet commuter bus at the time. :o

It was Monday morning, and it involved the owner of the company I work for.

Let me tell you the story. Two weeks ago, I injured my knee rather badly which meant I was supposed to be off work until I saw the doctor for a second time on Tuesday, but we had a client who absolutely, positively needed something on Monday and I was the only one who could do it. I hobbled into work and leaned my crutches against the wall of my cubicle while I worked. Later that morning, our owner, a heck of a nice guy stopped by my cube to see how I was doing. As I turned to face him, I knocked over my crutches which slowly but invetiably fell over and caught him squarely between the legs! :eek: :o Now, these are lightweight, aluminum crutches, courtesy of an emergency room in Dayton, Ohio, so I’m pretty sure our owner enjoyed hamming it up a bit, but I was still ready to die of embarrassment.

It gets worse for our poor owner. You see, it looks like I’m going to be on crutches for the next 3 or 4 weeks!

CJ

I was downtown early one Saturday morning to compete in a race. There were Port O’ Lets all lined up and I poped in real quick for some last minute relief.

Finished, as I stood to pull my shorts up apparently this particular potty had a center of balance I was standing exactly over and it began to rock back and forth rather violently and audibly… whack whack whack whack whack for about 10 seconds.

All of a sudden I hear peals of laughter from dozens of other racers outside that were lined up to use the facilities. It was so hard to open the door and face them all.

I attended my 20th high school reunion.
[sub]I PWN you all. Bwa ha ha ha ha.[/sub]

I went bowling last week with my husband and son. I rented shoes because we were out of town. I walked up the alley to throw my first ball, but my foot stopped abruptly instead of siding just a bit. I guess the bottom of the shoes weren’t slippery enough. Anyway, the momentum of the ball carried me over the foul line and I fell right on my stomach. The lane is pretty slippery so I slid just a bit. Everyone was laughing (there was a family of about 8 the next lane over) and my husband loudly announced, “Well, we just had a few margaritas with dinner, so you can expect that to happen!”

Mr. Del and I were out with another couple, and we ran into a woman about my grandmother’s age who has been a close friend of our family since before I was born. I have literally known her my entire life. When I started to introduce her to the friends we were with, I completely blanked on her name. :eek:

We were out of doors, so I was able to time this with some noise from a passing car, and I said “Mrs mumble mumble mumble, these are our friends John and Mary Smith” Of course, my friend kept trying to loudly inform me that she hadn’t heard the name, and I kept trying to ignore this and talk over her, while giving her the evil eye.

Heh, danced through the streets of London - twist, as a matter of happenstance - with my girlfriend. All the way through L. Square through Picadilly… Well, gave people a good laugh and I was too high to care.

At work, I parked in a parking space bordered by a curb. Walked around the side of the car, opened my passenger door to get my purse, shut the door, and promptly fell bass-ackwards over the curb on my tush.

It entertained the group of people having a smoke on the sidewalk in front of the building. :rolleyes:

Yikes!! I once witnessed someone cutting the cheese at work.

I had gone over to the office of a co-worker whose computer hutch was positioned in such a way that you wouldn’t see anyone waiting at the door. Since he appeared to be in deep thought and was typing madly, I decided to wait a few minutes until he stopped typing to interrupt him.

The typing then stopped, but before I could gather my thoughts and interrupt him, a really loud PPPPPPPFFFFFFFTTTT emanated from his office. Complete with the subsequent sigh of relief.
:rolleyes:

Since I wanted to protect the integrity of my nose, I left.

Got piss drunk at a party after prom.

Mixing vodka with more vodka… :smack: :smack:

You know, I’m still a few years away from 38, but I think I’ll keep doing that and enjoying it as long as I still am able.

Yeah, I don’t actually intend to stop either (the squirrels, they fear me. And that nutria from this morning? His little webbed feet are still quivering. I just stay away from the swans.) but it’s always kinda embarassing to remember how weird that looks…

I was in the hospital in an open-type ICU. I had to fart all the time in front of everyone. They don’t care, I know, but still… I didn’t care at first when I was out of it, but when I was waiting around for a room to open up. There is no dignity in a hospital.

The Mayor’s Ethnic Commission here puts on a ball every year, and the Scottish Society always fills up a few tables. We’re usually close to the dais of VIPs.

I wore a big poofy ‘ball skirt,’ and during dinner, it got tangled up in the legs of my chair (unbeknownst to me). I started to stand up, and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor. My skirt had pulled the chair over backwards, and me with it. Right in front of the Mayor’s table.