What week in March 2011 will the FEWEST people be on vacation

Next year my parents are renting a house in Orlando from roughly the last week in Feb to the first weeke in April. As we did this year, but in February, we’re planning on going down for a week. The last week in February would not be a good time and the first week in April wouldn’t either.

Well, I don’t like lineups, and what rocked about being in Florida last week was there were no lineups at Disneyworld and Universal. (Well, very short ones, anyway.)

But in March, people go on March break. And different places use different weeks. I think.

Which week would have the fewest travellers? 'Cause that’s when we’d go.

Probably the first week or the last week, since they have only 5 days. All the other ones have 7.

Disney World’s site says:

MOST CROWDED TIME OF THE YEAR
Christmas through New Year’s

EXTREMELY CROWDED
Easter Week (Before and After) [note Easter is April 24 in 2011]

REALLY CROWDED
Fourth of July Week

CROWDED
Spring Break (first week of March until mid April)
Memorial Day Weekend
Summer Break (second week of June until second week of August)
President’s Day until the end of February

A GOOD TIME TO GO
End of April
Early February
Labor Day Weekend
First two weeks of December

THE NEXT BEST TIME TO VISIT
Beginning of October until Thanksgiving
Week before Christmas

BEST TIME TO VISIT
January
September

I’d also say the first week. Interesting that Ash Wednesday is very late in 2011, March 9. I’d expect the first spring training games to start around March 3.

Another vote for the first week in March.

It might be worth calling and asking.

When our kids were small, I loved the last week in August and the first week in September for vacation since most schools were starting and parents don’t typically take kids on vacation right before or right after school starts.

I realize that does not help you, but I’d suspect the deeper you get into March, the more likely some school system somewhere is on Spring Break.