What were Kurt Cobain's illnesses?

What colour is the sky on the world where Soundgarden and Nirvana can be equated to Soul Asylum?

What are you talking about? They were all indie band turned multi-platinum major label artists.

Aside from that, most of that whole 90s Seattle thing was the direct descendent of 80s Minneapolis indie scene that Soul Asylum was a part of along with the Replacements and Husker Du. If you can’t hear any similarities between Twin/Tone era Soul Asylum and Nirvana, you must be deaf, or someone who thinks “Runaway Train” was their debut single.

Jon

Probably he had one or more food intolerances. These were unknown in earlier times or hard to diagnose (and even today, 2014). Some of them are hereditary, and often they are just diagnosed as IBS. As stated above, belly cramps can successfully be stopped with opioid medication. A strict diet is often hard to follow, so having some heroin is much easier. By the way: fructosis intolerance (intolerance to fruit and vegetables and other sugars) can cause depression. Poor guy…

Thanks for the update(11 years on even). Are you a doctor or scientist who studies these kind of problems?

There’s also a theory that playing guitar left-handed added to his depression. Yeah, it’s a Cracked article, but it’s presented as conceivable.

It’s #4 here.

Please note that this thread began in 2003.

**I.**t’s **B.**ull **S.**hit. IBS is just the official name for the medical community shrugging its collective shoulders and telling you to move along please. (Yes, I’ve been “diagnosed” with the condition myself)

I wish nitroglycerine was still posting. I want to ask him his opinion of the new Katy Perry single.

yeah - keep telling yourself that…

This is fucking retarded.

simster, Ambivalid, have either of you ever tried to follow a strict diet?
Do you really believe it is easier than doing heroin? I’m regularly on and off diets and I find it really difficult. Doing heroin is definitely easier.

Really?
I’m having a hard time imagining myself having to make a choice between, say, restricting salt or fat or carbs and doing heroin and thinking shooting smack would be the easier or better choice.

(And yes, I have both been on diets and done heroin.)

Not the better choice, not more advisable. CeeBee didn’t even say that it was the easier choice. He just said that it is easier to do. Seems pretty obviously true to me. I was surprised to see such strong immediate objections.

Dial it back. There are more appropriate ways to indicate disagreement in Cafe Society.

No warning issued.

twickster, Cafe Society moderator

Evidently he was lead-dose intolerant.