What will happen to Palin when she goes home to AK on Nov. 5?

:stuck_out_tongue: So, out of 500 people, you figure the fact that 130 odd don’t like her is cause for concern (based on a poll we have no idea what questions were asked)?? And this after a pretty relentless series of attacks on her since the announcement of her as VP?

Like you said…“Hey, whatever gets you through the night, I guess”…

-XT

No, my argument was what I stated - a more than two thirds approval rating is quite a bit different from the prevailing notion that she is teetering on the brink of indictment and Alaska is about to go blue.

Like xtisme says, after an unrelieved program of poor-mouthing her on every conceivable point ranging from her make-up and abilities as a mother to tabloid shit about how she gave birth to her own grandchild, she still has an approval rating that the Democratic Congress can only dream of. And yet, we get all the usual heads nodding in unison that she can never set foot in Alaska again because she is liable to be lynched.

Suuuuuure she will.

Regards,
Shodan

The truth is perhaps somewhere in the middle. While Palin is not exactly a pariah in Alaska, she has shown rather significant slippage. While her approval rating is still high, the movement has been significant and only in one direction. There is plenty more time before the election, and she potentially has a lot farther to fall. It is far too soon to make grand pronouncements of any kind.

Yeah. I just noted in that thread Dio started about McCain that GD seems to be turning into an Obama Cheer Leading forum. Ooh… Ooh I just read/thought/heard something magnificent about Obama or something bad about McCain.

No, but she would need to study up for it. If it’s taking her two weeks to prep for a 90-minute debate, then two months sounds about right to prep for a full-time job.

and

Checks forum…

Shoot. Too bad the OP didn’t open this in the pit. GD version coming up:

Suuuure, **xtisme **and Shodan, sure her approval rating has dropped because of that horrible, horrible mainstream media that has dared to ask someone who is running for Vice President to demonstrate that she is somewhat qualified for the job. Yes, that is just so unreasonable to ask her about foreign policy, especially after she said she can see Russia. That should have been enough proof for anybody that she is over qualified for the job, but no, that nasty media had to keep digging and asked her about the most important foreign policy doctrine in decades. Now why would somebody who can see Russia from her house need to know anything about the most important foreign policy doctrine in decades? It’s just pathetic desperate mean-spiritedness by the media to ask her hard questions, and there is no way in hell that her demonstrated complete lack of qualification to be mayor of Wassilla, much less governor of a state or Vice President is what has caused her approval rating to drop.

Yes, that is definitely the reason that her disapproval rating has doubled in three weeks. It could not possibly have anything to do with the fact that she has “flip flopped” on cooperating with Troopergate, no no. It couldn’t possibly be the fact that she looked like an idiot in softball one-on-one interviews with reporters and refuses to have a press conference like every other candidate for high office. It couldn’t possibly be the fact that she has subcontracted the running of their state to carpetbagging goons employed by McCain. No, none of these things could have possibly caused her disapproval rating to double, no, it had to be the article about lipstick! Yes, I’m sure that’s it! It was the article about lipstick!

There aren’t enough :rolleyes:

Sweetcheeks, if you don’t want the answer, don’t ask the question, m’kay?

Regards.
Shodan

Let me ask you something babycakes, is there anything a Republican could do to screw up that would cause you to admit they were wrong? Is it even conceivable that John McCain could do something so stupid that even you would have to admit that yeah, McCain did it to himself this time, or would you blame anything, absolutely anything, on the media?

Don’t answer, that’s a rhetorical question.

BTW- the democratic Congress’s approval ratings are low because of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. If it weren’t for those guys, all the democrats in Congress would have 100% approval ratings. Your post is my cite.

That depends, I guess. Can someone explain to her EXACTLY what she is supposed to do every day?

Sure, but that’s not the problem.

You started this silly thread because you wanted to trigger a Two Minutes Hate, and I stopped in to make merciless fun of the whole process. So now you can’t enjoy it, because you can hear my voice in the background, and I’m laughing my ass off. Tough old world, ain’t it?

You consider a 68% approval rating to be low? Gosh, you are harsh.

Regards,
Shodan

You give yourself FAR too much credit.

I didn’t know bots could laugh.

Um, you’re aware that this makes no sense, right? You were the one who originally brought up the Democratic Congress’s approval rating, comparing it to Palin’s 68%. I responded with what must, in your brilliant logic, be the reason for Congress’s low approval ratings. So, no, I never said 68% was low.

Lets look at this Democratic Congress that everyone hates and see which seats are going to change hands. That should give us a good idea which Congresspeople the electorate really hates.

Current R Senate seats considered to be certain D pickups:

Virginia (Warner)
New Mexico (Udall)

Current R Senate seats considered likely D pickups:

New Hampshire (Shaheen)

Current R Senate seats leaning D:

Colorado (Udall)
Alaska (Begich)

Current R Senate seats that are a tossup:

Minnesota (Franken)

Current D Senate seats that are a tossup, lean R, likely R, and/or safe R:

chirp

Moderator’s Note: The level of snark in this thread is way too high, so I’m closing it down.

Somehow, the SDMB will just have to soldier on with only 1,127,042 threads on the election.