What would you do differently?

I would have moved to Seattle, and started the grunge movement long before Nirvana. I would also have invented the “Topsy Tail”. This is that cheap plastic loop that turns a boring pony tail into a work of hair art. The woman who invented it is rolling in dough.

Well, 25 years back for me would make me only 9. I wouldn’t’ve had the capital to invest to make a fortune. And I doubt I could’ve convinced my dad to invest.

Things I could change: [ul]
[li]Would I warn my sisters about problems in their marriages? Changing that would definately negate the existance of three of my nieces who are all very wonderful.[/li][li]Would I change my personal habits? I would definately stay away from booze. I think that zapped about half my income for my first 5 years out of college.[/li][li]Would I make the right decisions concerning “lost loves”? Again, this would negate the existance of my child-on-the-way.[/li][li]Would I warn celebrities of impending assassinations? Or would this implicate me?[/li][li]Even if I had memorized lotto numbers, would quantum mechanics & the uncertanty pricipal make different numbers come up anyway?[/ul][/li]
So, I could definately make my life different. But better? I dunno…

Maybe instead of saving John Lennon and Robert kennedy, who made their mark in the world, I should save the two kids in my high school class who died before they had a chance to do everything.

And if I hadn’t married my first wife, I wouldn’t have made a series of decisions and taken the resulting career and life actions that got me here today.

But I probably would have bought the Ford Maverick instead of the '72 AMC Gremlin.

I have to say that I loved “Replay” as well. I’ve been recommending the book for years (having long since lent and lost my copy) and scanning bookshelves hoping for some kind of sequel - too bad he’s never done one.

This point:

“Well, 25 years back for me would make me only 9. I wouldn’t’ve had the capital to invest to make a fortune. And I doubt I could’ve convinced my dad to invest.”

is interesting because I think that it would have been difficult to convince my father to invest (especially at 9 years old, for example) but if I “predicted” all the top stocks and companies over a period of time (say the entire 4th grade and maybe part of summer school!) I bet he’d eventually listen.

Anyway, it would be fun to try…

Please continue the pleasant fantasies in MPSIMS.

Nickrz
GQ Mod

I would change my whole childhood. maybe make it more momorable…or hell even a little memorable.

I never would have believed her when she said “I Love You”.

“She’s nothin but a little lyin’ ass bitch… I know she says she loves you but you know she don’t care…”

Mother’s Day 1988: I would have interrupted my cousin’s phone conversation and warned her that her 3 year old son was heading for the pool. :frowning: