What young, hot, currently successful actresses will still be successful at 50-plus?

Octopi beat me aboard the Ellen Page train.

She’s not only cute as a newt, she is a damn fine actress.

She has possibly had a rhinoplasty and eyelid lift done.

Emma Watson

Another vote here for Natalie Portman. Wildly talented and an elegant beauty that will age very very well.

natalie portman
scarlett johansson
charlize theron… she might be too old but she sure as hell doesn’t look it. 2 days in the valley did come out a while ago.

That’s really very arguable, a comparison of a woman in her late teens/very early 20s with a woman in her mid-30s after, by her own admission, nearly 100 pounds of weight fluctuations (she gained 60+ pounds during both of her pregnancies and weighs at least 30 pounds less than during Titanic when James Cameron famously called her Kate Weighs-a-lot). Given her lawsuit-winning openness about her body and how she’s achieved it, it doesn’t seem her style.

Summer Glau could easily have a long career into her fifties. She’s never relied on overtly sexual roles. Although, she certainly is a beautiful woman.

One of the things that makes Kate Winslett so appealing and sexy is that she’s not a bony anorexic. She’s a real woman with some real flesh. She’s not even close to unattractively fat. I wish Hollywood and the entertainment industry in general would wake up to the fact that men are far more attracted to women who have a little meat on their bones than they are to the stick figures on magazine covers.

I’d also have to nominate Michelle Trachtenberg. She started on Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a teenager. She’s made a few movies and is currently on Mercy.

It’s unusual for a child star to successfully transition to adult actor. Michelle has never been out of work. She has a long line of credits on imdb.
Oh yeah, she’s hot too. :wink:

“Most people” must exclude the UK. mmmm, Sally Sparrow…

I’m going to cast my vote for Natalie Portman, too (“V for Vendetta” Natalie, not “Star Wars” Natalie).

I’m only going to argue with one nomination - Michelle Trachtenberg. She’s not particularly attractive beyond her youth - she’s got a massive babyface that I can almost guarantee you isn’t going to age well. I’m not overwhelmed by her acting, either.

ETA: I mean her face is very babyfaced, not that she has a huge face.

Kate Winslet plastic surgery pics

http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/mag/beauty/d3855/c96383.html

http://news.makemeheal.com/images/kate-winslet-plastic-surgery.jpg

She’s definitely lost the big eyes that made her look so good. She’s got those really lizardy looking eyes that plastic surgeons love but kill all expressiveness.

Too soon in her career but I would like to see Olivia Thirlby do well.

I’m sure she’s better-known in the UK than in the US, but even so, not everybody in the UK watches Doctor Who, do they? Btw, I just watched that episode last night. How wonderful was that? Sally Sparrow indeed. I wish I’d seen it 2 years ago, you lucky sods.

But yes, just assume I meant Americans when I said “most people.”

<shrug> I actually prefer Michelle as an adult. She doesn’t have the chipmunk look anymore.
both images are safe for work.
Recent

her Buffy days

Her performance in Star Wars was not her fault. You could have cast Winslet (who is clearly the greatest of her generation) and Lucas would still have squelched everything interesting out of the roll, between his insipid dialogue, obtuse direction, and utterly-blind-to-human-nature plotting.

That’s what I was alluding to (a little too obliquely, I guess :slight_smile: ) - Natalie definitely has the talent. It takes a special guy like George Lucas to find a way to make his very talented cast look that clunky.

I submit Michelle Williams and Kelli Garner (based on her performance in Lars and the Real Girl)

Oh, I knew what you meant. I just felt we shoudn’t overlook the opportunity to insult George Lucas. We have a quota to meet.

I can’t see Trachtenberg as hot. Partly that’s because she’s so young, and my first image of her was as the little kid from a kids’ movie I took the girls; but really, she just doesn’t rev my motor.